Thursday, September 12, 2024

Boosted

Vaccine booster is off my bucket list.

At the pharmacy bright and early, I signed in and, following Mike’s suggestion, made sure it was the "latest" vaccine.

It was.

Then I thought it wouldn’t hurt to see if I could switch from cash to Medicare — Karen’s suggestion.

I could but, just as I surmised, it would have been a headache — as is everything when my provider is involved, because they’d have to contact my provider for approval for medicare.

"No thanks", said I. "I’d rather pay cash".

I was about 15 minutes early, so I browsed the plentiful Christmas isles, located right next to the scarce Halloween row, where I saw this cute little pillow.


I was tempted to purchase, but made a commitment to myself some time ago to stop buying things based on being cute, only purchase that which serves a purpose.

Not only was this store, and others, offering Christmas wares when we’ve not yet had Halloween, there was Christmas music.


The pharmacist giving the injection said she was shocked and commented how sad it was my health care provider was not serving its members ………… that I was the third person to come in that morning from the provider.

It was early, so many more probably came in for the vaccine before the day was over.

My provider’s bad reputation is getting around, but at least I’m not reliant on them for much, lean towards holistic care because I can’t rely on them, so there’s no point trying to find a better health care provider, if there even is such an animal, at this stage of the game.

On the way out, I walked by a woman who spotted my bandage, asked, "Did you just get the vaccine?".

"Yes".

"I got it yesterday and my arm is still sore", said she.

Oh, goodie. Something unpleasant to look forward to, and thanks for sharing that which I did not need to hear.

Tomorrow is the meeting with management.

I’ve already decided that if none of the ladies who have a beef with Bill (Di, Lu, Homegirl, the Baker, the little new resident that wants to do great bodily harm to Bill, and numerous others I don’t personally know) …… If they don’t speak up about him, I am not going to bring it up for them.

I am done with sticking my neck out for weak namby-pamby people who don’t have the guts to stand up for themselves and don't have my back in return.

I’m still sore about the time the Black Witch was bullying residents at bingo, and how no one had my back when she got around to me, and I stood up to her.

Not only did the ladies not have my back, they also tried to make me be namby-pamby like them.

When the Black Witch came for me and I told her "I am not the one. You have picked the wrong one today", she called me the B word.

I retorted with a spell to cast out whatever demon was possessing her ("I rebuke you demon. I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ. Out out evil spirit"), whereupon the Baker and Red Light tried to silence me, told me to not "argue" with her. The others in the room stuck their heads in the sand, tried to make themselves invisible.

I lost a lot of respect for the Baker, Red Light, et. al., that day. So, if they don’t speak up for themselves, and I myself have had no problems from Bill, then whatever happens henceforth is on them.

The excessive head seems to be cooling down. It was only 90 yesterday, and 82 today. So, when I headed for the car this morning, I ran into one of the newer residents taking advantage of the cooler weather, out on an exercise walk.

We greeted each other and she asked, "Would you like a little Jesus?"

I had no idea what she meant, but I was down for what I imagined would be some kind of blessing.

She reached into her pocket and gave me this ………

Little Jesus

Cute, but not the Jesus I know, so I fixed him.

Little Black Jesus

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder on the covid vaccine, I'm due for it, in addition to 6 other vaccines I already received!!!!! I'll be a human pin cushion I tell ya.

    That ghost pillow is tooo adorable Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Human pin cushion or voodoo doll. It was hard passing on buying that pillow.

      Delete
  2. I had my Covid booster and flu shot Aug. 1st. Luckily my health care provider pays for all vaccines and no questions asked. The 'flu' shot arm was a little sore the next day, but the Covid booster was fine. Move your arm(s) out sideways from your body towards your head 4-5 times/day for the 1st few days. This helps the muscle (deltoid) to relax and not tighten up. It also moves the medication out of the area better and helps with absorption. OK...enough injections 101. Some Tylenol or whatever you take for pain is fine, too. Yea, I'm a nurse. The ghosty was cute. Can't wait to see Skelly and your decorations this year. Still like that black lipstick! LOL!
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice, doc. Your love of that lipstick gave me the giggles.

      Delete
  3. Shirley, ROTFLMAO about "Little Jesus" My first thought was that Jesus was not white, brava to you for fixing that!
    I don't know who your provider is, but I am assuming it's some form of Medicare. After much research, I went with People's Health. They sort of suck regarding some of my expensive prescriptions, but I have found a way around that. They cover ALL my vaccines, dental, vision and hearing, FWIW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so looking forward to getting the Covid and Flu vaccines. I love that you corrected Little Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad my annual vaccines are over and done with.

      Delete
    2. I just had my covid booster two days ago. Having heard it was harsher than previous versions, I was prepared to feel bad for a few days. Nope, no problem at all. Not even a sore arm. Yay!

      As for Jesus, my first thought when I saw him was that he was a better version than the paintings in all the churches (you know, blond hair/blue eyes). But I love that you took it further to make him more historically accurate!
      Nina

      Delete
    3. Nina, so far so good with the vaccine, except I felt a little weak today. As for Black Jesus, just calling it as I see it.

      Delete
  5. Well, usually a shot is not going to hurt the first day, but will the next. Ice will help if you like. Doesn't hurt as bad as getting covid and having a tube down your throat.
    When you got the Jesus question, I thought she was gonna give you a little sermon. Since you've corrected him, maybe tape him to your arm owie. Just a spiritual kind of healing. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far no pain in the arm, but feel a little weak. The White Jesus lady seems nice. Maybe her presence and giving out Little Jesus, can help to balance some of the bad that's going on.

      Delete
  6. I love that you fixed the Jesus to your Jesus!

    I have a good poker face and have been known to say to people, "Are you seriously coming for me? Because you have to kn ow this isn't going to end well."
    Then they turn tail and run ... well, walk, quickly, away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣 If they don't already know not to try you, they will learn the day they are so foolish as to think they can.

      Delete
  7. Hopefully you don't have much reaction to the vaccine. I haven't even had a sore arm with any of them.

    I don't have a problem standing my ground or speaking up. Sometimes I should probably keep my mouth shut but stupid people make me mad. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good with no reaction to the vaccine. I'm the same as you in that my mouth sometimes takes control, LOL.

      Delete