Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Hilarious


I had to post the above. It was too hilarious not to share.

A few days ago, Randy Rainbow issued a new parody — "The Lawyer or the Conman".

Loyal fan of Randy that I am, I have to say this latest parody is disappointing, I don’t like it. (Sorry Randy) but I couldn’t even bring myself to view to the end.

In all fairness, I don’t know if it’s me — because lately I’m finding a lot of things I formerly enjoyed I no longer enjoy or if the problem is with what Randy put out this time. So, if you wish to assess the video, decide for yourself, it can be found on YouTube, as I so dislike it that I don’t want to support it by posting here.

I ran across a funny conversation amongst friends on FB last night.

One of my friends (a former coworker) had evidently been watching the Olympics Closing, saw Tom Cruise fly off a tower and, being a fan posted a shoutout.


A meanspirited friend of my friend tried to ruin her fun by posting "Your chances of getting close to Tom Cruise are about as real as a car free LA in the next Olympics", to which my friend replied "Wanna bet" and went on to say she’d once seen Tom C when he visited our building on business.

Of course, naysayer didn’t believe her, whereupon another friend of my friend defended her with "I think if anybody has a chance of getting close to TC it's you. You're the best stalker I know".

That’s when I remembered that when I worked in the same office/different departments as my friend, her job had been in Media Relations. In fact, it was through her, I’d met TV personality Huell Howser, of the PBS Series California Gold, in person.

I was a fan, and Howser was just as warm and personable in person, as he appeared to be.

So, anyway, I remembered that, upon learning, through her contacts, that Tom C was in our building on business — nothing to do with our offices, my coworker friend had indeed stalked his movements through the building, managed to capture a photo of him on the steps as he was leaving, sent that photo to our squad of coworker friends.

I’ve never been a fan of Tom C, but once a secretary, always a secretary — meaning, I’m very organized, and was sure I’d posted that pic back when I was blogging under the name BlackandBlue.

Though the bulk of those posts were lost in a snafu, I was certain some of the assets (photos) had been saved to flash drives where I’d managed to capture bits and pieces of the before blog before all was lost and I re-restarted under BootsandBraids.

I checked and, sure enough, quickly found the photo.

1998

Friend was gleeful when I posted the photo to the thread, to dissuade naysayer of the notion Friend's chances of getting close to Tom C "are about as real as a car free LA in the next Olympics" as she'd already done so.

Naysayer capitulated with "What's he doing walking up the stairs like a normal human being??"

Nice of Tom C to have smiled for the intrusion.

26 comments:

  1. I, too, was tempted to stop the latest Randy Rainbow song before the end. I don’t know why exactly. I know I was a bit annoyed he wasn’t kinder to Biden. Tom Cruise doesn’t need my admiration. He already admires himself too much. I find his arrogance and power (and his LDS) a bit scary. Still, I love that you were able to find that photo and put that nay-sayer in her place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, I didn't watch long enough to get to the not being kind to Biden point. That would have REALLY pissed me off. This video makes Randy look desperate. He's better than this.

      Delete
  2. Im not a fan of Tom C either.... but agree, I can't believe he smiled. Usually he takes the camera and smashes it. Or at least hurls a few unkind words. Maybe he got laid the night before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 1998, so perhaps he was a gentler kinder less self-involved Tom C back then.

      Delete
  3. I just this minute watched that video on another blog and I enjoyed it. Maybe because I'm Welsh and Randy's still a novelty to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you check out some of his videos before this one, you might change your mind about having enjoyed this one.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Mitchell, also good on you finding the photo to back up your friend. I have not seen the new video and now probably won't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Mitchell as well, would not have been stalking Tom C for a photo, but my friend likes the guy. Go figure. I found the new video hard to watch because it reeked of Rainbow desperation to stay relevant.

      Delete
  5. You went above and beyond for your former coworker friend! And you ARE organized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organized to a fault sometimes, but when it pays off, it pays off.

      Delete
  6. I wasn't keen on Randy dogging Joe ...
    I have never been keen on Tommy Cruise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I didn't make it to that part of the video where he was "dogging" Joe. He already disappointed me once before with that non authentic signing of his first book, and now just knowing he didn't do right by Joe has Randy skating on thin ice with me as a fan.

      Delete
  7. Celebrities can sometimes be nice people. Other times . . . . better left unsaid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, that describes more than just the celebrities. People in general. P.S. Hope you're feeling better and taking care of yourself.

      Delete
    2. I am, on both counts. Thanks for asking! 😊

      Delete
  8. I, too, thought the latest RR video was a bit lacking in....something. It's not up to his usual standards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! As you say "not up to his usual standards"

      Delete
  9. I like his Movies even tho' in his personal life he seems completely unhinged. My Brother worked professionally in Hollywood for Decades, so I mirror what Catalyst said in his comment. *Winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only movie of his I like is "The Firm". Probably because it was made before he became an egomaniac.

      Delete
  10. Should have had the SS blasting away at Melania for trying to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Melania mannequin. He should take to all his rally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣 Another great idea from you. I'd love to see it.

      Delete
  12. I love that you had a picture to be able to her wrong.

    ReplyDelete