Saturday, March 30, 2024

Nope!

View from the window yesterday was all sunshine, birds tweeting, residents hanging out.


Though the bubble wrap on the window to keep the cold out was effective in reducing my Edison bill from $187.14 last month to $63.26 this month, it's nice to have the frigid cold weather over, bubble wrap retired, have my machan/blind spot back, so I can keep an eye on the comings, goings, sittings.

The elderly lady wearing the black and white sun visor is the woman my old buddy Apache was so jealous over that it caused him to be banned from the property.


She doesn't speak to me. Actually, avoids me, puts her head down to keep from looking me in the eyes when she can't avoid me because she can see in my eyes that I know who and what she is.

Not a victim, not as innocent as she has convinced others she is, but a little conniver.

She was just as jealous of Apache talking to his female friends on the complex, including me, as he was of her ...... would give us dirty looks to chase us away from Apache.

Her now avoidance and inability to look me in the eyes seems like guilt, but whatever ...... I don't care. However, if my mere presence makes her uncomfortable, well then good, that's revenge and justice for Apache.

As nice as the weather was yesterday, this morning has us dealing with another rainy weekend.

There will be no putting in extra cardio, soaking up sun, listening to music on the iPod as I walk the complex, because it’s raining today, to rain tomorrow AND Monday.

At least I was able to put in a few good walks this week, on one of which I did a quick pivot around a building when I spotted one of the residents of a downstairs unit trying too hard to appear to be nonchalantly leaning on and slightly over his patio railing in such a manner as I’d be walking mere inches away from where he’d positioned himself.

I’m sure his intent was nothing more than, having seen me walk by countless times, saw me walk by on my first loop this time, knowing I’d soon loop back around, take this opportunity to say "Good morning", get me to say "Good morning" back, thereby opening a door.

I didn’t even have a chance to get a good look at the guy, see if it was someone I’d previously seen around on the complex, when I heard my spirit said "Nope!".

No hesitation. Spirit speaks, I listen so, as I was about to pass his patio, I took a right down the walkway that separates his building from the building before his, took a left behind his building, another left to come up on the other side of his building, then a right to get back on my regular route — which meant I bypassed walking by his patio.

My route around the complex begins at the red star, loops around and through (black lines), with Lap No. 1 ending up at the red arrow, where I repeat around and through five more times for a total of 3 miles.


This is what the route became when I spotted him (the blue spot).


Obviously, I didn’t have to come back around on the other side of his building, rub it in his face when he’d be sure to see me back on the regular route and know I’d looped around to avoid him, but I wanted to make sure he knew I’d done so, wouldn’t waste his time trying the ploy next time I came around.

He didn’t.

If he were smart, instead of hanging out to get my attention, he should have put on his walking shoes and got out and about, as us walkers always acknowledge, wave, sometimes chat up other walkers.

After having lamented in my last post that the Susan of whom "Lazy Susan" was named remains an unknown entity, odd it was that a Lazy Susan showed up in last night’s Drag Race.


Ru losing his mind was Hilarious!

Less hilarious — in fact, not funny at all is that Sapphira Cristál almost went home.

Fortunately, she made it through by the skin of her lip sync but, looking at previews of next week’s episode, it’s not looking good for Sapphira.

Today’s weather putting the brakes on my extra cardio routine and the rain giving me the munchies, I think I’ll satisfy my cravings by, using the Gluten Free Canyon House Bagels, I have frozen in the freezer, to make a Bread Pudding recipe I've been itching to try.

Tons of sugar and calories in this recipe, but perhaps I’ll get to walk it off Tuesday, when rain is supposedly to end.

13 comments:

  1. Ru laughing about Lazy Susan was hilarious, and I, too, was worried about Sapphira!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have an entire week to worry about next week.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I can't believe what a difference that bubble wrap made in your Edison bill! Yowza, do that all next winter and you'll save some serious money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can bet on my using it next winter, and I'm wondering if it will keep the heat out during the hot summer months.

      Delete
  3. Not sure I understand any of that but that's okay. Tomorrow is another day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS an amazing difference in your heating bill. Bubble wrap will probably heat up the area around your window in the summer. Little kid swimming pools have a covering of blue bubble wrap upside down, with the bubbles poking into the water. It keeps that water very warm and flying bugs out. Might be different if the bubble wrap is clear, or reflective foil? Keep us posted! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The goal would be to keep the summer heat outside, so I'll have to research and test if bubble wrap with the bubbles poking towards the outside will work,

      Delete
  5. Thansk heavens your not in Southern California or are you? I hear tons of rains coming!!!!

    Don't worry about Sapphira...I think it will come down to her and Plain Jane. All season again, I almost nailed when the queens would leave. I feel it's going to be a 3-2 queen finale. For some reason I feel Q is going to get bumped. But it's been so transparent from episode one for me anyhow...it's going to be a Sapphira, Plain Jane showdown. Q is adorable but a poor loser, and I LOVE Nymphia's style...but when it came to challenges...average. I see a Sapphira, Plain Jane Nymphia finale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed in "Sunny Southern California" and bracing for yet another rain storm. I hope you're right and Sapphira doesn't falter this close to the finale.

      Delete
  6. The proof is in the bubble wrap! What a huge savings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A 50% savings was estimated over costlier methods of window wrap that touted 35% savings, but simple bubble wrap exceeded even the estimation.

      Delete
  7. That Bubble Wrap tip sure came in handy, great Savings from having used it, Bravo. Your vantage point from that Window is good for all Recon. *Winks* I must have missed the Post about that Woman in the Visor and Apache... I knew he got banned, I didn't remember why or who might have been instrumental in it?

    ReplyDelete