Thursday, March 14, 2024

High Winds Warning

Plan for today was to walk the complex.

I’d done so both Saturday and Sunday. The freezing cold seeming to be behind us, I even removed the bubble wrap from the bedroom window.

So, after sticking my head out the door, to determine if I needed to dress in long sleeves or short sleeves for outside, and almost being knocked back by the force of wind coming through the door, I decided to stay safely indoors today, no walking.

Checking the weather channel, finding a High Wind Warning for the area — 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 70 mph, I decided also no driving.

Speaking of driving … as I was driving into the complex yesterday, returning from the morning’s workout, who did I see driving out but that technician that tried to gaslight me.

What are the chances he was servicing another unit for the same reason? …… the outages caused problems with that resident’s equipment as well.

If so, after yesterday’s snafu when he tried to blame the problem on the laptop and my supposedly not knowing how to connect to the internet, he knew not to go that route again. Would instantly know to swap out the network.

Still no signs of Camper Guy in the area, and Trainer has no idea why.

Maybe CG is travelling and will return, maybe not, but Trainer doesn’t care. He’s all excited — like a kid in a candy store, about the new upgrade to the camera — the upgrade that enables him to view that side of the building on his phone, alerts him when anyone is in the area and will set off an alarm if glass is shattered.

Boys and their toys, LOL.

As Trainer had me on and off the treadmill, working on sit downs/sit ups in-between, I complained about the market having hired yet another leud and lascivious acting guy as Security and how, to add to the creepiness, this one looks exactly like my deceased ex-husband, could be his twin.

To which Trainer said, "Maybe it’s him".

Not unusual for Trainer to think that way inasmuch as he’s an old soul.

In fact, a few months ago, he’d asked if I’d seen any quarters lately ……… because I was always finding quarters in and around the Cave (along with other places I’d go) and shared with Trainer how my deceased sister said quarters would be a sign she was around.

I’d responded "No, because she’s back already".

Quarters became fewer and fewer and ended altogether around the time granddaughter was expecting the great granddaughter. I’d not thought about it at the time. However, when great granddaughter was born, it became obvious why quarters had ended.

Sister is back already and whether others accept the phenomena of reincarnation or not, no one can tell me different.

The baby looks exactly like my sister … same nose, same facial structure, same smile ……………… and born in the same hospital where sister passed away.

So, because Trainer is an old soul — thinks outside the lines, knows deep meaningful things without knowing how he knows them, it wasn’t at all unusual for him to surmise Security Guard might be my ex returned to body form, except guard is too old to be he.

The ex passed away in ’97, and though it’s difficult for me to guage people’s age, guard looks to be on the tail end of middle-age, too old to be ex because, if returned, he could be no older than 27.

13 comments:

  1. We have a cheaper version of the "quarters" superstition in Canada -- up here it's "dimes" that appear. At least that's the way I heard it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look that up, but it's not a superstition in this family. It's a promise my dying sister made.

      Delete
  2. I completely believe in reincarnation and feel that I am also an old soul who has been here before.
    And no one can change my mind on that.
    Say Hi to your sister for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell her you said "Hi" when I next see her. Probably in May when I head down to Long Beach for Pride.

      Delete
  3. In all my years as a hospice nurse, and widow myself, I've not heard the story about quarters. I have heard of deceased folks letting the remaining folks know they're still around in different angel forms. Does this only count quarters found on the ground, or any given as change? Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only quarters on the ground. I'd see them inside the Pain Cave, under the equipment I was using most often. Once, getting out of the car, there was nothing on the ground but, when I went back to the car to leave, there in front of the driver door was a quarter. I just smiled. I also smiled when, crossing a parking lot, heading for See's Candy Store, a bright shiny new quarter appeared on my path. The last time I think was in the Laundry Room. I opened the door of the dryer and a bunch of quarters fell out. I've not seen any quarters since the new baby.

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, the quarters phenomenon is 100% valid. Here, at least for my sisters and me, it’s dimes. We used to keep track of when/where we found them. Only dimes. Many many times, related to death of several family members.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. Did the family members pointedly say they'd leave dimes to let you know they're hovering around or do dimes just happen, giving their presence away? Instead of quarters, I wish sister had said she'd drop pieces of paper with lotto numbers set to win.

      Delete
    2. No, the family members didn’t say anything. Someone who knew my one sister told her the legend of finding dimes. Her father-in-law used to help out at her restaurant. After he passed, she found dimes all around where he worked. Then our grandma, same thing, but I was finding them in Florida, she was in Ohio. A few years ago, my sister’s husband passed and we were both finding dimes on the ground in both states. I think I even found more than she did. (He was NOT my favorite person). Now it’s few and far between. I tend to find pennies now. When I find one, the joke is always…only 9 more to go.

      Delete
    3. Very Interesting. Sweet. Comforting for you and your family members to find those reminders. I can imagine it happens more often than anyone might think, but people are so busy dealing with life that they miss the signs.

      Delete