Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Yesterday and Tomorrow

I ran into that fast walking maskless Covid recovered resident again.

Just my luck that, heading for the car yesterday, she turns a corner, walks directly towards me down my walkway. This time her excuse was “I can’t find my bling mask”.

I thought I was talking to myself in my head, when I angrily mumbled, “You don’t have another?”, but quickly realized I’d angrily mumbled that out loud. LOL.

Fortunately, she was far enough behind me by then that she didn’t hear my utterance because, for sure, I don’t want to get into an argument with a maskless resident who’s recently recovered from Covid. Especially after reading that comment, to the last post, from Linda in Kansas that this neighbor is “not 100%. AND could still spread to others”.

I also ran into Church Lady, asked if she’d attended Movie Night.

She looked confused, as though she didn’t know about Movie Night, but the woman with her said she didn’t think anyone went because she herself had warned residents that if they saw A Quiet Place, they would be too frightened to walk back to their units in the dark because the movie was scary.

Sounds like she went out of her way to sabotage the event.

She needn’t have bothered.

The Tyrant being so NOT well liked, I don’t think anyone wants anything to do with his feeble attempt at providing entertainment to us seniors. No sabotage required. The Tyrant has sabotaged himself.

Hopefully he’ll get the message, give up and not try Movie Night a third time.

At any rate, when this resident said she’d told people the movie was scary, at the mention of “scary”, Church Lady chimed in and said, “Oh no! I don’t do that”. LOL.

So Church Lady, with her list of no "nasty" sex scenes, no bad words, no blood and now, no scary, is very limited in movie viewing.

Back on a regular every six months schedule, it’s off to the dentist I go tomorrow.

The handsome Dr. McDreamy was not in last time. I got stuck with a DDS I’ve never seen before, who looked to be about 15 years old, prompting me to give him the blog name of Doogie (after that TV kid doctor, Doogie Howser MD).

Doogie made a bad first impression.

I saw ego and overconfidence when he said he’d found an area up front, lower teeth, that appeared to be spacing. That it looked like it once had a filling, the filling fell out and that it was an easy fix. “We wouldn’t even have to numb the area”.

Thing is, I’d never had a filling in that area which, if Doogie had first looked at my chart he would have known. So, rather than walking in there acting/talking like a big man in an effort to impress, he left me feeling not only NOT impressed but distrustful .... that he was trying to pad the bill.

I made up my mind weeks ago that, if McDreamy is again not available (in the process of scaling back, semi retiring) and I get stuck with Doogie, I’m going to be looking for another dentist. Preferably, a female.

In fact, when the hygienist goes to set up my next appointment, I’m going to ask if there is a female DDS at one of their other locations and go from there.

If asked why, I’m going to be honest and say I’m just not feeling Doogie.

12 comments:

  1. just not feeling Doogie - I hope you do say that - it made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't get my Dr. McDreamy, and they stick me with the kid again, I most certainly will say that. :-)

      Delete
  2. Just changed dentists and have confidence in the new one, even though he's at least 50 years younger than I am. The only thing is, the practice (there's two dentists) sent a card soon after my first appointment welcoming me into the "family." Well, I don't know about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind young. In fact, at my age at I'd be hard pressed to find a dentist who isn't younger. LOL. I just don't want someone young AND cocky.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that you are going to ask for a different dentist. There are so many people that stay with doctors they don't like. I went through 9 different thyroid docs before finding one that actually listened to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I have to switch, this will be the third dentist/dental office. Two retired. One I changed because my hygienist retired and the replacement was racist.

      Delete
    2. I'm with you sister. I've gotten very particular about my doctors and I thank all of them are women except my dentist. Unfortunately, I can't afford him anymore so I've already picked out a new female dentist near me.

      Delete
    3. Would be great if they'd bring in a female dentist at the office I've been frequenting for 15 years, so I'd not have to look elsewhere.

      Delete
  4. I wonder how it would be if you meet up with Ms Unmasked again and she makes yet another excuse, upon which you whisk out a plain blue mask- and tell her it's her lucky day as you just happen to have an extra with you. Not as obvious as providing a bling mask but should get the point across, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a good idea. She wouldn't be able to take it as a gesture of friendship and start bugging me. Especially, if I'm carrying more than one mask. I'll do it :-)

      Delete
  5. Church Lady cracks me up, she is stereotypical Fundie and they fail to see what a parody they are of themselves when they make statements like that and think any of us doesn't find it hilarious! No telling what she actually does behind closed doors, they're usually super freaks. *LOL* The Maskless still annoy me but I just wear mine and avoid them when I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have wondered about Church Lady's background and that maybe she's the way she is because she's got a lot she's trying to make up for OR hide, if you know what I mean.

      Delete