Thursday, August 19, 2021

Bucket List

Driving to the dental office this morning, I kept in mind that the address of the acupuncturist (the one I wasn’t too sure of being a thriving business or some sort of back room thing) was in that area.

Lo and behold, the address is directly across the street from the dentist.


Nice area, but none of the businesses on that side of the street look thriving. No lights were on in any of the businesses, there were no people going in/out and, in fact, there was a “for lease” sign up.

The acupuncturist’s office had signage indicating “chiropractor”.


That’s not the same as acupuncture, and I’d be a little afraid of using a bodywork therapist who dabbles, doesn’t specialize in one or the other.

So, my guess is, though it’s no longer a thriving business — due to the pandemic, it’s an on call operation. In that, the answering service lets the therapist know a client needs bodywork, the therapists shows up … that is for the time being. If he’s not getting sufficient business, he’ll probably have to shut down the answering service, close doors altogether.

Dr. McDreamy shared that the pandemic had the dental practice struggling for a while. When I commented on how busy the office looked today, he said, “Thank goodness. We’re almost back to where we were”.

There’s something about McDreamy’s energy that I feed off him. His handsome good looks, blue/grey eyes, now white hair, now soft kinda pudgy body, his deep sexy melodious voice, those attributes just do something to and for me.

Whereas I wasn’t feeling young Doogie, I most definitely feel McDreamy, and it looks like I’m going to be feeling him for a while longer, I won’t have to worry about changing offices just yet.

I did have a new x-ray technician today. The one I’m accustomed to retired in May they tell me. The hygienist, I was assigned to after the pandemic caused my regular to retire, is working out fine. McDreamy’s son is asking for a car, McDreamy and his wife are looking at the cost of college — which he says is shocking, so it’s looking like he’s not going to be able to retire any time soon.

He is, however, scaling back from a five day work week to four.

And btw, after McDreamy looked at the x-rays and did a visual check, he announced everything was okay. No problems noted, not even the spacing issue Young Doogie tried to pull on me.

So, the dentist is off my bucket list. Acupuncture is also off the list because, the old shoulder injury that was aggravated by that back-to-back beast mode workout, has gone into remission, no longer hurts.

Lesson learned though. I won’t be going beast mode again. If Trainer again needs to rearrange my workout day, because of continuing drama with that teen daughter of his, instead of moving me to another day, which puts me back to back, I’ll just gift him the day and keep to schedule.

On my way back from the dentist, I stopped by Target, picked up a few masks to trick that fast walking maskless Covid recovered resident into masking up (per a comment from JanF, except she didn’t say “trick”, that’s my way of seeing it).

From my perch on the couch yesterday morning, I saw her walking two/fro twice on the side walkway — too fast for me to grab the phone, take a snapshot. Seeing her for a third time, in the afternoon, I was relieved to see she was wearing a mask — a white one, no bling.

So she did have a mask other than the bling one she couldn’t find, thought I to myself.

Carrying a purse, she appeared to be headed out.

She no longer has a car, so I’m guessing someone was out front, picking her up and, for the sake of the driver, she masked herself.

Sicnce she’d not been affording us seniors that same courtesy, her white mask for that occasion wouldn’t have been enough for me. She could have wrapped herself in cellophane and I still wouldn’t have had her in my car.

Also yesterday, reviewing Trainer’s Instagram account, before I headed out for the day’s workout, I saw he’d celebrated his birthday the previous day.

I quick fast in a hurry made a Starbucks run for a gift card.

I’ve not yet been to the bank to purchase $2 bills but, had I have done so, I would have included one in the gift card envelope, because I think it would be fun to get those in circulation again.

A birthday yesterday means Trainer’s sun sign is Leo the Lion. All my astrology books are in containers at the back of the patio storage area, so I can’t research to determine why it is he keeps moving thing around in the studio, but moving things around he does.

Readers who’ve been with me for a while will recall that when I began training in September of 2019, the treadmill was located in the back room. Since that time, the treadmill has moved six times, ever closer to the front door, prompting me to jokingly accuse Trainer of trying to push me out the door, get rid of me.

I don’t have to now worry about that being his goal because, when I walked in the door yesterday, I had a shock — there was a couch, where the treadmill had been two days ago.

Did he finally get rid of it you ask?

Well … not exactly.


We’re back to where we started.

So that’s how yesterday and today went. Now that I’ve a mask to pass on to Little Miss Fast Walker Covid Recovered, our paths will probably no longer cross — Murphy’s Law.

That’s just fine by me.

8 comments:

  1. Treadmills are boring enough without being... HEY, I just thought of something. He could build a wall in front of it and it could be in a closet! So it COULD be worse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The back room, with no windows, is one big closet already.

      Delete
  2. My first chiropractor also did acupuncture. It seemed like a good pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got some "spare" masks for the fast walker.
    Check in with your acupuncturist. Some chiros know how to do that, and/or have a colleague they share space with.
    My long-time dentist retired, and boy, there are different ones out there! Went to my junior college's hygiene program several times, and the folks there (which included a dentist overseeing it,) said some dentists ARE drill happy, and have "different approaches." Maybe I'll let my car mechanic fix any teeth. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a acupuncturist in Los Angeles that I'm comfortable with, but the drive is horrific. If push comes to shove, I'd make the drive but, thus far the flair ups haven't been that serious. I believe it that some dentists are drill happy. With Doogie, I think it was a situation of the pandemic having affected the office's bottom line, so he was making expensive crap up. LOL.

      Delete
  4. McDreamy Doc sounds Dreamy alright! *winks* I once had a Dentist who was also a Professional Bodybuilder and a Handsome Italian... Dreamy, but his Breath always smelled like Garlic, not good when he has to be that close to Patient's faces. *LOL* I have to confess I went with an Old Dentist who was Ancient but really good and saw him until he Retired... or Died, don't know which.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having someone nice to look at eases the pain of having to go to the dentist. Garlic breath should have known he had a problem and used some of the mouthwash they have lying around at the office.

      Delete