Sunday, March 28, 2021

Hips Don’t Lie

Yesterday was my day to declutter under the sink (cleaning products) storage.

I’d already ordered, and received, non-stick contact paper to match the cupboards, because matchy matchy is how I roll.

Close Enough

After removing all the cleaning products, stacking them on the counter, it became evident the clutter was due to having two, sometimes three of the same product.


Best I can figure ... disorganization made it difficult to see what I had, and I’d end up purchasing another.

The total haul does look to be a bit excessive, don’t you think, or would you say the typical household has a plethora of cleaning products under the sink?

At any rate, I do enjoy looking at this paper when I go under the sink now. The paper went down easy and, because it’s non-stick, can easily be removed to clean.


Under the bathroom sink wasn’t chaotic but, inasmuch as I had another roll of paper ─ and the energy, figured might as well, so I did that area as well.

And while we’re on the subject of cleaning products, save your money on this.


I’m a sucker when I see a new cleaning product advertised, especially when touted to be powerful, so I gave it a shot.

Disappointing. Takes too many pumps to clean a single item, and doesn’t get sudsy.

I didn’t even have to be tempted by an ad on TV to try this next new anti bacterial fabric spray. My fetish for new cleaning products just led me to it in the store isle, but it’s turning out to be worth the money.


I don’t have a washer/dryer in the unit to toss my workout clothes into when I return from the Pain Cave, so I spritz wash the clothes with this disinfectant wash.

I also used it to spritz clean the heavy quilt on the bed, and to freshen up clothes hanging in the closet.

As for that other new item, tempted by TicTok to purchase ─ the Smart Hula Hoop, I was beginning to think hips do lie and I was never going to get a rotation going.

When I’d previously tried with a conventional hula hoop, I’d attributed my failure to the middle-age spread around my midriff. But inasmuch as the smart hoop fits like a belt, and I still couldn't get a rotation, I deduced the problem was movement of the hips, so I tested out different tactics.

Pushing forwards and back didn’t work.

Rotating my midriff in a circle fashion didn’t work either.

Trying to sway real fast definitely didn’t work.

Then one morning, I clipped on the belt and, while focused on something on television, NOT thinking, my hips automatically kicked into gear and voilà.


Easy like Sunday morning.

Now I just have to build up my stamina because, though it appears effortless, it wears me out quick fast and in a hurry.

If and when the pandemic ever ends, I’ll be taking this to family gathering as a fun activity for all.

Mike ... did you get yours yet?

16 comments:

  1. I hope I don't need to order more parts so it will fit.
    "Arriving:
    April 12 -
    Monday, May 3"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works better with a snug fit so, after I added a few pieces, I had to take pieces off.

      Delete
  2. WERK IT, GURL! did you combine duplicate products and recycle the plastic bottles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. Like the royal family I've got a heir and a spare(s)

      Delete
  3. I used to be a sucker for new cleaning products too. But have now scaled back to the some two or three cleaners. I do use a lot of bleach. I also seem to have two or three of things, I do that intently so I don't have to get them again for some time.

    Now go work them hips gurl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely won't have to replace any cleaning products for a long long time. As for the hips ... not bad for a 77 year old, if I do say so myself. P.S. I'm very worried about Symone. We may lose her.

      Delete
    2. Have faith girl! I still think she or Gottmik is gonna win.

      Delete
  4. Love it. I never could do the Hula Hoop or jump rope after more than a few rotation. So keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may one day be able to take the training wheel off and graduate to a traditional hoop :-)

      Delete
  5. Hula hooping is a great workout! The first time I did it my middle section had some serious sore muscles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right. It's burning more calories than the stationery bike, and easier on the knees.

      Delete
  6. Well, now I know where to come for a critique of the latest cleaning fads and save money by not wasting it on the duds. *winks* Oddly, tho' everything else can often be chaotic at Casa Forever Boheme', under the sinks and the closets and cupboards are probably the most organized and inventoried of all... go figure, I'm weird like that. I can't recall the last time I could rotate a Hula Hoop Successfully but I think it was when Princess T was very Small and had some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo, swing those hips 😁 Looks like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I HAD been thinking of buying Dawn Powerwash, but after reading your comment, I'm not going to bother. I'm getting the feeling that the cleaning-product makers are trying a little too hard. Everything is "NEW!" but really, is that even possible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be interesting to see how long this stays on the market, because I can't be the only disappointed consumer who won't be fooled twice.

      Delete