Saturday, September 29, 2018

Did I Stutter?

There have been a number of “Hey Google” fails when I’ve asked my cellphone to bring up information, but last night took the cake.
I was reading Woodward’s “Fear”.
Now keep in mind, I developed a distaste for politics back in the day, when I worked for a politician and became privy to things that troubled my conscious. Since then, I’ve only allowed the bare minimum of politics to enter my awareness so as not to be completely demoralized by the state of things. Consequently, having only a passing knowledge (and sometimes no knowledge at all) of some of the players mentioned in Unhinged and Fear, I’ve had to “Hey Google” a photo.
So last night, there was mention of Bannon (of course I know who that is) arranging a photo shoot with the Orange Traitor and a four-star Marine General Jim Mattis. Bannon thought it would look presidential if the background of the photo shoot resembled the doorway of the headquarters of the Government of the UK10 Downing Street.
Wanting to see how this photo turned out, I pick up the phone and say “Hey, Google. Show me the photos of _____ standing in a door with Mattis".
I had to laugh when what came up were several pics of entertainer Johnny Mathis, who is still alive, by the way, and still has that beautiful singing voice.

At any rate .... did I stutter?
Along with Johnny Mathis was a photo of some random guy, who I assume has a similar sounding name, and Rosa Parks ─ who’s name doesn’t sound similar at all, and a photo of General Matthis, but no doorway or Orange Traitor in sight.
I had to reboot the phone to clear the misunderstanding and bring up the photo I was looking for.
It wasn’t presidential looking at all.
I did not watch the hearing. Not just because I didn’t want to see a repeat of what happened to Anita Hill but because I've accepted, no matter what, the end result will be the same, Kavanaugh will be on the Supreme Court, because the establishment always gets what it wants.
Not living in a bubble, it was impossible to avoid the hearing entirely, as bits and pieces popped up everywhere, including flipping channels and coming across some out-of-control with anger faces.


What the Heck!
That’s some scary stuff.
So glad I didn’t watch.
Wake me when it’s over.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, and now we have the FBI in action. Life is never boring.

    ReplyDelete