Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Use It or Lose It

If one locks oneself away from humanity and doesn’t speak with another human for an extended period of time, will one eventually lose the ability to speak?
That’s the thought that ran through my head when I awoke this morning, realized today is Pizza Tuesday and, for the third time in a row, I found I had no desire to head down, mingle and catch up with the folks, even though ─ except for that trip to Walmart and grocery shopping, I’d literally not seen nor spoken with anyone for 12 days.
I’ve no idea what’s going on around here. Do we have a new Community Manager yet? Will the damage to the mailboxes ever be repaired?
Looking at the Activity Calendar, I see a speaker is scheduled to come in and “Provide a presentation regarding the latest senior scams”, so I guess I’d better come out of my self-imposed exile and head down to the Community Room this morning.
Would you believe I’m still not finished with Omarosa’s book, Unhinged. It’s not that I’m a slow reader, it’s that I devote the bulk of my time to needlepoint. Needlepoint is kind of an all-day every day obsession for me, and I’m in for the long haul with this latest very challenging project.


So challenging that, after hours and hours, days and days, weeks and weeks, months and months of work, I'm not even a quarter of a way through a 15 page pattern.

Progress: May through September

Once completed though, it’s going to look great as a needlepoint pillow.
As for Unhinged, Page 220 gave me a little tickle when I read the Orange Traitor refers to Jeff Sessions, behind his back, as Benjamin Button. 
Page 273 made me sad, but only because I don’t like to see anyone hurt, no matter how big an ass he made of himself for the ten days he was on staff, when it was said that Scaramucci, after being told he was fired, “Anthony walked out ... and started crying. One of the assistants saw and heard the whole thing. She described it as a girly cry”.
I don’t imagine there will be much time for reading or needlepoint for about a week, as I’m in the process of getting ready to head out of town for another road trip this weekend. This time to the Venice Beach area for a three-day meditation retreat ... more quietly listening, no using the voice box to talk.

6 comments:

  1. "...not seen nor spoken with anyone for 12 days."

    Ah, a perfect 12 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL. Kinda reminds me of an image I saw on a blog, may have been yours, where a woman's reaction to going outside was "Eweee People".

      Delete
  3. Did you see the giant needlepoint on my bedroom wall? It took Duck almost two years to do, and just over half way through he ran out of the background color. He ended up pulling some from the top, and with a new color making it look like it was raining. Yes, that's a winner especially the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just searched "needlepoint" on your site, but no image came up. Would like to see Duck's work.

      Delete