Thursday, December 22, 2016

Losing It

Not only is it cold, it is now windy and wet from the all-night rain.

I know rain is good, that we need it but, coupled with the frigid cold, I’m dying inside and losing my Christmas Spirit. Whereas in the past, I’ve never wanted this time of year to end, three days ago I began thinking about packing decorations up and now can’t wait until the traditional New Year’s Day, or day after, to do so.

This cold snap has made clear to me one thing – if I can’t handle this cold weather, should I one day be financially able to leave the country, there’s no hope of my ever being able to handle living in Canada.

However, getting my passport renewed is still No. 1 goal for 2017.

Baby steps.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, if you can't handle 60's, or even 50's, no way will anywhere North of here work for you, let alone Canada. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not like winter and ours are pretty mild here in central California. I don't have clothing for real cold temperatures. We keep our thermostat set, in the winter, at 70 degrees during the day, 64 at night, and I feel frozen most of the time! Our morning temps have been in the low 30s this week. So, if I was going to move, it would have to be somewhere warm, year-round. San Diego appeals.

    ReplyDelete