Friday, August 12, 2016

The Universe Has Spoken

Evidently, the Universe also felt capturing rare pokémons wasn’t worth the energy it would have taken for me to spend the day with that former male coworker because, mere minutes after posting yesterday that I was asking the Universe to run interference if the get-together wasn’t in my best interest, I received a message from granddaughter asking if I could pick her up from the bus station this morning.

I still would have been able to head to the cabin after; but then, granddaughter asked if I could also take her to the hospital for tests the doctor has ordered.

Judging from our last visit to this facility, it’s pretty much an all day thing, so no way would I free up for the cabin. Consequently, I happily texted the female coworker the “regretful” news I’d be unable to keep the commitment. Instantly, the headache I’d been developing went away and I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

There are a number of people from that 16 year period of my life I wouldn’t mind hanging out with, giving them a hug, discussing old times, but there’s just something about that particular guy that I couldn’t see myself wanting to give him a hug or, even these many years later, enjoying his company.

If he REALLY wants into my life, he can find me on facebook … which is as close as I let those I am not comfortable with get.

At any rate, instead of hanging out at the cabin by the lake today, it will be back to the medical center. While there, I might as well respond to my doctor’s request to have blood work updated.

Inasmuch as the Universe seems to be in a responsive mood, I’d better also purchase a ticket for Saturday’s $82 Million Powerball.

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered you through a mutual friend. You are fabulous! Hope to drop in frequently.

    ReplyDelete