Saturday, August 27, 2016

BootsandBraidsGo

Leaving the complex this morning, to drive two cities over to Sprouts – because they carry products I use and cannot find in the local markets, I noticed the new downstairs neighbor has added cute little garden stones to the area outside her patio.




One says, “Look for the angels in your life. They are everywhere.”

I couldn’t agree more, but I fear the garden stones won’t last for long. Either Nurse Ratched is going to spot them, lay down the law “Dirt area outside patios are complex property … remove them before I give you a lease violation” OR the less savory residents, who abscond with anything not tied down, will sneak them away some dark night.

Either way, the stones are doomed.

Also doomed is the beautiful garden like patio new neighbor has so painstakingly put together – plants, flag, dream catcher.




It’s just a matter of time before Nurse Rached sees it all and announces several lease violations: 1) Do not attach ANYTHING to railings 2) No more than three plants 3) Draining pans under each plant.

I hope the rules and regulations tongue lashing new neighbor is in for doesn’t chase her away, because she seems really nice and, judging from the dream catcher and garden stones, is spiritually minded.

Funny how it is that Nurse Ratched, saying "I don't want this place to look like a ghetto", will hone in on pretty things, such as the garden stones and lush greenery beneath me being violations, but not violate her Maintenance Supervisor about the pile of clothing that’s been on his patio since the week of August 8.




A week after the meeting in which next door neighbor complained about the mess in her view, the pile was still there in addition to a tool having been added to the mix.




Then, yesterday, I noticed the clothes were finally gone, but the tool is still in place, to which has been added the children’s drum set – which they play with on the patio.




I guess the thinking there is ... if it's tucked neatly into a corner, it's not "ghetto" and doesn't count.

Hopefully, whatever that tool is, is not something the children can harm themselves with next time out on the patio.

So, anyway, arriving at Sprouts, I turned on the cell phone, set PokémonGo to alert me to anything in the area, and BAM!




It was a gold mine of PokéStops, Pokémon, Gyms.

I’d walk to one PokéStop and another would appear, along with a variety of other characters.

It was such good hunting in that location (9 stops in total) that I had a brainstorm having to do with one of the saddest books I’ve ever read, “Bridges of Madison County” -- the movie was even more of a tearjerker, but the idea was ... how about I set up a website “PokéStops of Inland Empire” ... no words on the site, just photos alerting players to where the Stops are.

Not sure if I wanted an actual website or to use my Instagram instead, I quickly registered BootsandBraidsGo.com – because when you snooze on an address you loose on the world wide web. (When I was in my down period due to various work place abuses subjected to, I blogged on a Geocities address as Black and Blue. When I later decided to obtain BlackandBlue as a domain name, even though I'd blogged from 1998 to 2010 under that name, the actual domain had already been purchased and I was sol. To this day I wonder if the owner copped my idea or came up with that url on their own.)

Now that I’ve registered BootsandBraidsGo, I’m thinking more along the lines of just adding photos to my Instagram, but I’ll hang onto the URL -- maybe test it out, ask other players I run into what they think, before I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment