Saturday, August 13, 2016

A Long Day’s Journey

Yesterday’s foray to the medical center did indeed turn into an all day thing, but I was happy to do it as opposed to hanging out with that former male coworker.

I passed the wait time by getting into conversations with total strangers, one of which was a very funny little old lady who said she’s at the medical center so often she practically lives there … that if I ever wanted to meet up with her again, I’d know where to find her.

I also got started on my favorite author’s new book.



My having a book prompted a woman heading to the coffee bar to stop and say, “You’re smart to bring a book. I had no idea.”

What she meant by “no idea” was that the Lab would be crowded and backed-up beyond belief.

Her ticket for Lab work was No. 45, the board said No. 50 was being serviced, and the wait time had been announced as an hour and a half. The woman didn't understand ... "They JUST gave me 45 and it's already at 50. How can that be?"

“The board has to get to 100, then it will start all over again at No. 1”, said I.

“OMG, I had no idea”, she repeats and headed towards the coffee bar.

“Be careful with that coffee”, says I. “I’m a Starbucks devotee, and I thought Starbucks was strong until I tried that coffee last time I was here. I couldn’t sleep for hours.”

She ordered decaf.

At one point, the cell phone alerted me to nearby pokémon activity. Sure enough, I captured a pretty flaming pony just a few steps from where I was seated.

Ponta

Waiting, chatting, reading, capturing pokémon, it was a long day. A long day I’ll have to repeat on the 22nd at granddaughter’s next appointment.

On tap for today is a trip to the mall at Victoria Gardens. I’ve put off replenishing makeup and perfume until I can put it off no longer -- I’m running out of both.

I actually don’t mind the trip as much as I would have before I got caught up in pokémon, because it’s an opportunity to get out of my area, find new and different characters.

Plus there’s a Sees Candy Store at this mall.

I’m thinking a very unhealthy lunch of chocolate almond buds, pecan buds and coffee.

4 comments:

  1. You go shopping on a Saturday? Right before school starts? Are you crazy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLMAO! I'm totally out-of-the loop as to when school ends/begins and, fortunately, back-to-school in this neighborhood means Walmart. However, that does explain the many opulent looking teen boys/girls I saw shopping with parents at the mall. They pretty much stuck to their favorite boutiques, while I was replenishing at Macy's.

      Delete
    2. Sounds like you were in and out early and quickly.

      Delete
    3. Shopping was quick and dirty. I had a list and was in a hurry to get outside and hunt for pokemon, so I asked the girl if she could get items from the other counters and ring me up once, instead of my having to go counter-to-counter. She was happy to do so. It's an outdoor mall, so it was HOT, but I walked around hunting for about an hour and a half, a little past the lunch hour. Actually got a medal in the game for a cumulative total of 6 hours walking/hunting.

      Delete