Sunday, August 14, 2016

Over It

Saturday’s unhealthy lunch of candy and coffee didn’t taste nearly as good as I’d expected … as good as I remembered from when I was in the throes of being addicted to sugar.

The thrill is gone.

The flavor is gone.

I think I’m finally growing out of that addiction.

Pokémons were a plenty at the mall. Unfortunately, it was captures I already had and clusters of the same creatures; except, I lucked up on Pikachu.



It was just the night before when the much desired Pikachu crossed my mind and I began to wonder if I’d ever come across him. In fact, I googled “where to find Pikachu” with no helpful results but then … there he was, the very next day.

That’s the second time this week a thought became a reality. First was when the Universe got me out of Friday’s commitment, now its Pikachu.

Is it coincidence or did I somehow tap into a beneficial stream of consciousness?

Time will tell, because I’m thinking like crazy about how nice it would be to win the Powerball and/or MegaMillions.

Returning to the complex, I ran into Apache, The Seer, Younger Sister, and another resident in a huddle.

Something was up.

“Did you hear about the fire last night?” asked Apache.

“Noooo. Where? On Little Mountain?”

“In one of the garages … 9:00 last night. Four engines from the fire department were here and Nurse Ratched was called in.”

“I didn’t hear a thing … I miss everything … I wonder how the fire could have started.”

“They think it had something to do with the guy working on cars in the garage.”

“Ohhh. I can see that happening.”

There is a resident, on the back side of the property, who (unbeknownst to management) ups his income by working on cars in his enclosed garage. There is also a resident, closer to my side of the property, who finds, likewise fixes in his enclosed garage, and sells items like motorbikes, bicycles, gym equipment, etc. On the other hand, it could just be a side effect of the shoddy work/poor quality products put in place during the so-called $4.5 million renovation when this property group took over.

We're old, but we're not stupid so, at the time of the renovation project, seeing the poor quality of what was being brought in and the hap hazard workmanship, us residents seriously wondered if $4.5 was going into the property or people’s pockets.

Sure enough, a lot of what was done during the renovation malfunctioned, fell apart, failed in one way or another within a year and had to be fixed/replaced.

It’s entirely conceivable the garage door’s mechanism could just be another casualty of that joke of a renovation.

I took a stroll over to the back garages to see if the fire was as bad as Apache was making it out to be.




Looks like it had been.

Hopefully, cars in the adjacent garages escaped damage.

I don’t suppose we’ll ever be told what actually started the fire, but the blame will probably be placed on the resident, resulting in an inspection of how all garages are being utilized, new rules/regulations.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, more new rules. Congrats on the illusive Pikachu. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was very exciting to see the little guy.

      Delete