Monday, August 29, 2016

That’s One

Sunday’s visit to the nearby University was a bit overwhelming because of the size of the campus.

It was huge!

There were lots of university types here/there playing Pokémon, but I felt a bit uncomfortable because the campus is so huge that people were spread out. That meant I ended up in areas where no one was around.

Feeling not safe … and hot because the sun was blazing, I hit only a few PokéStops (there were more than I could count available) and headed for the car when, all of a sudden, I heard someone call my name.

It was the woman from the running group – the one who’d invited me to do a 5K Pokémon hunt a while back.

Sounded fun, but I’d declined to do so because we were having triple digit heat at that time, and because I didn’t see how our pairing up would work with her being only 35, a runner, finishing in 25 minutes, while I, considerably older, walked the 5Ks and took at least an hour or more.

Since then, she’s facebooked suggestions that, “Since we live so close we should …” this/that/the other but, though flattered she wanted to hang out with me, the loner in me never took her up on anything.

Now here I was, on this huge campus, feeling unsafe, with the likelihood of running into someone I know being nil to none and who should appear but she and her young daughter, with her saying “I know the campus in and out because I use to live here; my husband works here. We should team up.”

There’s safety in numbers, so looks the small circle of friends I actually hang out with, in person -- which is NONE since my bff of 10 years, mentioned in an earlier post, and I grew in different directions, has expanded to ONE.

1 comment:

  1. I truly believe you should make younger friends. They'll be around to take care of you in your old age!

    ReplyDelete