Tuesday, February 28, 2023

He’s Heeeeeere

It was a downpour yesterday afternoon when the new resident of that bad energy unit moved in.

The new tenant is not at all the "big guy" Head Maintenance Guy described. Instead, he’s average height, average weight, but does appear healthy — walks quickly, no visible physical challenges.

I’d say his moving in during a rainstorm is a bad omen as to how things are going to go in that unit, except it was exactly like the day when I moved in eleven years ago.

It was impossible for my movers to work in those conditions, so they struck a deal to set up a bed for me in the bedroom, come back the next day when the weather was expected to cooperate, and I’d not get charged for an extra day.

So, that night, after going to the drugstore on the corner to buy towels so I could bathe in the morning, toothpaste, toothbrush and a sleepshirt; and after a friend I had in the area took me to dinner that night, I was snug as a bug in bed and it was all good.

Fortunately, I’d transported the makeup kit in the car with me. So, no problem making myself presentable that next morning.

As for the downpour that day back in 2012, I’d not seen it as a bad omen. Instead, I saw it as a new beginning, a washing away of all the bad stuff I’d experienced the year before moving in.

New guy persisted with his move yesterday, horrible weather be damned.

He and his helpers brought in boxes that looked wet by the time they reached the stairs and items wrapped in black plastic bags.

The truck was parked for over three hours at the end of the drive.

At least now, when Red Light hears footsteps overhead, she can convince herself it’s the new tenant and not something spooky — even if she hears footsteps when he’s not at home.

In other news, that blackity black black tee I’m looking forward to purchasing for next year was so popular that the seller restocked in my size. So, even though Black History Month is over tomorrow, I’ll have the tee. 

In addition, I also ordered one that simply says, "I’m Black All the Time" that I can wear all-year long and tease trainer with.

When I didn’t get off the bike and make it to the slam ball bench fast enough in Monday’s session, Trainer said, "Not fast enough" and reiterated the rule is 5 seconds to transition from one to the other.

I snapped back with "It’s still Black History Month. I don’t have to follow rules". To which he replied, "Okay, but come Wednesday your arse is mine".

My walking in wearing the "Black All the Time" top will make for a great comeback when I need one. 

March 12th is our 4-Year Anniversary. Trainer has lasted longer than any man in my life.

15 comments:

  1. "no visible physical challenges"
    Are you going to investigate for unseen physical challenges? hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a guy so one can assume certain facts not in evidence, LOL. Other than that, you forget my Miley Cyrus song Flowers. BTW. I finally found the car in the puzzle. Wasn't easy, not even with those instructions your commenter posted, but once I saw it, I couldn't unsee it. It became almost obvious.

      Delete
  2. Glad you could order your t-shirts. Yep, I've kept my wonderful car mechanic longer than any of the 3 husbands. (It's okay to use an umbrella in the rain; more so than the snow.) LOL! Cheers, Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "wonderful car mechanic longer than any of the 3 husbands", LOL. Yep, the other men in my life had a shelf life of 6 months to a year, except for the twins' dad who lasted longer, but not as long as Trainer 😄.

      Delete
  3. Maybe new guy is bringing good energy with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great! I've seen situations where someone is placed in a bad spot as a catalyst for change.

      Delete
  4. Well, I hope new guy brings good energy to the place. Let's hope it was the wash-away-of-bad-stuff rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, can't wait to find out all about the new guy! Four years - that's good going, I start routines and generally can't make them last longer than six months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully the new guy has a good personality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that last line - the trainer guy is a keeper for sure :)

    ReplyDelete