Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Recap

Someone on the complex really loves Valentine’s Day.


The skepticism I displayed in a prior post that Activity Director’s Valentine Party would actually be a party was valid, as the party turned out to be a class on how to control your blood pressure …… take your medication faithfully, engage your health care team, monitor regularly at home, yada yada yada.

During the class, I made eye contact with Dream Lover’s ex-girlfriend. She rolled her eyes to show me how bored she was.

Red Light looked like she was in pain.

Two others rested their chin in their hands and looked like their minds were a million miles away.

AD did hand out little gift bags to those in attendance, so I guess it was worth sitting through not a party.

apple sauce, chocolate chip cookies,
candy bar, green tea

Nice haul. She finally came up with something the seniors can appreciate, but a class on managing blood pressure is a long way from a "party", and dare I say a blatant lie to trick residents into attending.

I had a thought last week, while watching the Drag Race episode that featured a group called The Old Gays, who’ve I’ve been following on TikTok ever since they did a parody of the Wednesday Addams Dance.

I don’t know where the Old Gays are based, but it looks to be senior housing with a fun staff, which made me think ……… That’s the kind of Activity Director we need here.

So, anyway, once back in my unit, I began fast forwarding through Sunday’s Super Bowl to see the commercials and get to Rihanna’s halftime performance.

Except for Ben Affleck’s Dunkin Donut and one or two others, the commercials were a disappointment.

I’m a fan of Rihanna’s, was so looking forward to her halftime show, had been hearing good things about it, so what a surprise when I found it even more boring than AD’s party class.

Has the world gone mad with all this talk about how great and exhilarating Rihanna’s performance was?

It put me to sleep. Seriously. I kept nodding off.

Like I said, I’m a fan, but that was the worst most boringest half time performance I’ve ever seen.

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad you thought like I did about her performance. I won't call you old but since I am old I thought it was just me not enjoying her performance. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it right, but strikes me odd that I keep reading about how great it was, when it wasn't. I've seen countless half times and this is the first time I've been disappointed.

      Delete
  2. "class on how to control your blood pressure"
    Do they not know about republicans?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Management here can raise BP faster than any Republican. I've been waiting 5 days already for them to replace a dead light bulb in the bathroom. I'm about ready to climb up there and do it myself.

      Delete
  3. I don't watch sports at all so I didn't see the halftime show until days later when I caught a video of it. It was bad.

    At least you got a little gift bag out of the bait and switch party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm going to check out The Old Gays on YouTube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if the Wednesday Addams bit is on YouTube, but it is on TikTok and it's a hoot.

      Delete
  5. I miss the Budweiser Clydesdale ads. Most people are saying the commercials were boring. I'm sure the cookies and candy bar weren't good for lots of tenets. Sounds like a promotion for some doc outfit or blood pressure cuff offer. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You nailed it! LOL because honest to God, AD did mention different kinds of BP cuffs and said come see her if anyone was interested.

      Delete