Monday, June 15, 2020

Locked Up

No, I didn’t go to jail over the weekend. I’m referring to having kept my Sunday appointment with the Locktician to have new growth locked up.


Once again all tidy looking, I won’t have to risk that outing again for another 8/9 weeks.
Actually, though, the risk factor was nil, as the Locktician took her safety and the safety of her clients seriously.
Arriving a few minutes early for my appointment, I wasn’t allowed to enter the salon. Instead, I was asked to wait outside until she finished up the client ahead of me and then wait until that client had exited the salon. Whereupon, watching from the window, I saw the Locktician sanitize wipe the chair, her locking tool and then she motioned me to enter.
That was just the first hurtle, as I wasn’t allowed but a step or two inside before she whipped out a thingy, held it close to my forehead (not touching) and took my temperature. A sign at the desk said at a temperature of 99, you’d not be allowed to enter. I don’t know what mine was, I usually run hot, but it must have been okay because she then wrote my name down in a book and my temperature as “normal”.
Then I was ushered to her chair and offered a plastic wrap to cover my body, which I declined because I’d have sweated like crazy and been uncomfortable. I already had a mask on, as did she and the other Locktician and that Locktician’s customer, as the sign also said no mask no service, and covering my body in plastic with a mask on … I’d have had heat stroke and passed out.
All in all, the Locktician had it going on, covered all the right bases, and I didn’t mind any of it at all. Felt safe.
On Friday, management posted a notice to our doors that they were pleased to announce the pool area is now open (okay) … no guests, limited to residents (okay) … a maximum of four people (okay) … by reservation only (huh?) … new hours of 10AM to 3:30PM Monday through Friday with time slots of 1-1/2 hours, Closed Saturday, Closed Sunday (Well Damn! Why bother reopening at all).
Truth be told, management probably should NOT be reopening the pool, as even limiting to four at a time, seems to me it's still a petri dish.
Additionally, the notice repeated management's mantra — “Our office and maintenance teams will be wearing face coverings. In an effort to follow CDC recommendations, we ask that all residents and guests do the same”.
I’m calling bull sh_t on that one, as I’ve seen Head Maintenance Guy (HMG) walking around here with no mask on since I last posted having caught him doing so. On duty and off duty, the guy is following neither complex rules nor CDC recommendation.
In fact, Sunday afternoon, I saw him, his wife, his little girl walk through my quad — all mask less.
I went to grab my phone, take a picture for leverage — should I need to justify the reason why I’ll not be allowing HMG into my unit for future repairs or inspections.
HMG and his family moved too fast, I wasn’t able to get that photo, but next time, and the next and the next, so forth and so on.

12 comments:

  1. Our neighborhood pool has an online sign up to reserve a slot. I'm not enough of a swimmer to take advantage of it, but maybe I'll be tempted as the summer wears on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did they reduce the available hours down and closed on weekends?

      Delete
  2. If your locktician is anything like my hairdresser, she doesn't want to do anything to jeopardize her license. The state is watching these places very carefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The state need not worry. She's doing a good job of following protocol.

      Delete
  3. Glad your hair lady is being so cautious! And it looks great!

    p.s. apparently I had my blog locked down from last year, so it looked like by invitation only. I've opened it up. dur. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. I would have to give the pool a good think. I've really been missing the shore and pool but I agree - a petri dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use to work out in the pool, but I stopped doing so long ago. Decided to wait until I became rich, had my own private pool. Still waiting :-)

      Delete
  5. I would be sorely tempted to ask HMG as he walks by " Oh, are the mask recommendations relaxed now?" I suppose that is a bit bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad at all. I've been thinking of doing far worse. LOL.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. No worries. I began avoiding it pre-pandemic when I saw some of the residents using it were folks I didn't think wise to be in the pool with or after. In fact, a few residents complained of coming down with strange skin conditions after using the pool and they too stopped using it. And with what's going around now, no way.

      Delete
  7. Your Locs look great! I've been doing some self-maintenance on mine, about 3 of them were looking thinner where they're locking up near my scalp so I'm encouraging those 3 to Congo for strength to a thicker one nearby. I have plenty and I'd rather do that than risk breakage at a weakened point. With Aging and being on Meds for Diabetes I know it does affect Hair thinning and Hair loss so I'm being very proactive, since my Locs now are very long and getting heavier. I'm glad to hear your Loctician took such stringent measures so you could feel comfortable getting Maintenance done. I heard you can't catch COVID in a Pool, just limit the number of people in and around the Pool and practice Social Distancing, should be Fine if you would want to risk it.

    ReplyDelete