Friday, December 21, 2018

Next

It was a bit of a wild scene at the market yesterday, with a young boy and young girl RUNNING up and down looking for Harold the Elf.
I turned one corner only to hear two elderly ladies giggling and telling the guy stacking meat, “We’re determined to find the elf”.
I myself wasn’t much in the mood. Really tired, experiencing an energy drain, I was there for eggs, water, apples and, though I did look for the elf, I didn’t put a whole lot of effort into it.
At the check stand, the cashier asks, “Did you find everything you were looking for?”
“No. I didn’t find Harold”.
“He’s in a stocking at the Service Center”, she readily blurted out.
I couldn’t count it as a win, since Little Miss Loose Lips told where he was, but I did go back to take a photo.


The market has really stepped up its game.
It’s way too difficult to spot that little head peeking from the stocking.
But I guess that’s the point.
Before leaving the market, I glanced around for that little boy and girl to clue them in, but didn’t see them.
Maybe they’ll end up at the station with the loose lipped cashier.
On another topic, I’d posted a few days ago how everything is changing and posed the question What’s Next?
Next has happened.
Assistant Maintenance Guy resigned.
At Wednesday’s Holiday Potluck, I learned his last day had been Tuesday ─ the day before, when his wife and youngest daughter joined us in decorating cookies.
He lasted 11 months and has reportedly gone to a better paying job.
No wonder they (his wife and he) looked so happy.
He must have given ample notice, because his position is not on Corporate’s career site, and there’s a guy seemingly already in the position ─ walking around with Head Maintenance Guy, going in/out of units, working on stuff.
The replacement is nowhere near as attractive, nor does he appear as friendly, but oh well.
Assistant Community Manager is back from wherever she was.
Other than one resignation and one return, not much is expected to be happening around here in the near future, and I’m looking forward to that.
Already feeling not with it and exhausted at Tuesday’s Cookie Decorating event, only to turn around and attend Wednesday’s Holiday Party, it was a big fat “NO” when asked “Are you coming to Bingo tomorrow ... We’re having a party ... You should come ... We don’t see enough of you”.
Three parties, three days in a row! The seniors are on a roll.
It’s nice to be wanted, but I just need time away from everyone and everything for a bit, I need everything to stop while I recharge my batteries. Wait for the second wind to kick in, so to speak, get ready for whatever is next to come, which next I feel is something very bad as a result of what's occurring in Washington DC. I hope I'm wrong.

8 comments:

  1. In regards to your last paragrah I'm feeling it too.
    :-(
    On a happier note...Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you as well and happiest of New Years. I hope both of us are wrong and we get a Christmas Miracle.

      Delete
  2. I've known for the last two years that really bad stuff is coming. We've not seen the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, our retirement is going down the drain, and I doggedly refuse to toatlly panic. So was the coffee a success? Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. The coffee was absolutely a success. There was a rush by some to make sure they got a cup, but didn't see any fights. LOL. Merry Christmas to you, to Himself and keep the faith. Something good has to eventually happen.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I think Christmas is very tiring as you get older. I love the lights and the smell but I have got to learn to budget my time better so I don't get an overload of social events and then hide the rest of the Holiday. Aw Heck, what do I care. Hiding is enjoyable too!

      Delete
  4. "...but I just need time away from everyone."
    There's never enough time to be away from everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, have a little solitude to rest and recharge -- I need that too during the holidays. Just can't run from party to party.

    ReplyDelete