Monday, December 17, 2018

Hiding in Plain Sight

I spotted Harold the Elf hiding in plain sight yesterday.
Plain sight is evidently the best place to hide something because I’d walked right by him, as did numerous others, because the cashier said I was the only one to have found him thus far and it was already 1:30 on a busy Sunday afternoon in the market.
The only reason I spotted him was, having already passed through the meat section, already in the produce department, which happens to be a Pokéstop, thinking I wasn’t going to be successful as they’d hidden him pretty good this time, I'd stopped to  grab some balls from the Pokéstop, turned around to make sure I wasn't blocking anyone and, facing where I’d just been, thought I caught a glimpse of something red off in the distance, on top of the meat station artwork.
Rushing back to get a closer look, there Harold was.


Very clever.
Focusing on looking at the walls of the meat section, as one passes through that area, Harold blends right in and is easily missed.
This Hide and Seek in the market is just so much fun!
Even some of the workers don’t know where Harold is.
When the market is busy, someone is assigned to “expedite” ─ monitor the lines and direct customers to shorter lines/faster service.
I was so excited to have spotted Harold that I mentioned to the expeditor that I’d found him.
She asked where, so I showed her the photo. 
Where’s that, asked she.
On top of the cow in the meat department said I.
She then stepped away from her post to take a peek.
I’ll be sorry to see Christmas Day, because that’s when the adventure ends.
On the other hand, hunting Harold is a distraction because I forgot to pick up ice cream for Wednesday’s Holiday party. I was thinking Dreyer’s Peppermint because it’s Christmassy.
Looking at yet another trip to the market ─ just for the ice cream today or tomorrow, I began thinking about having to scoop and serve ice cream as opposed to just placing a box of Starbucks on the counter and everyone have at it.
So, coffee it will be because I don’t want the hassle of having to put on a pair of food service gloves, bring my ice cream scooper, as well as plastic cups or waffle bowls, and having to stand at the counter with old folks gauging how much I scoop for them as opposed to others.
I think I’m scooping generous equal servings, but some actually do direct me to scoop more, with some complaining the cups are too small and requesting two cups.
It’s free. Be satisfied. Take what you get. But old people. Go figure.
Ordinarily, all of the above wouldn’t bother me, but I’m just not feeling the hassle right now, so Starbucks it is.
But first is tomorrow’s Cookie Decorating event.
I’m really no longer feeling that either. I’d much rather decorate my own cookies in my own unit.
Last week’s thing with granddaughter threw me off center and I’m not completely back, now not wanting to talk to anyone, see anyone, socialize with the folks. But I’ll go to the event, take photos for the community's facebook page and maybe the going will snap me back to center and I’ll feel like joining in.
And speaking of cookies, I’m glad I picked up those decorating kits as soon as they became available because I noticed the table full of kits being sold at the market was empty.
That gingerbread family was a popular item.
I’ve not been to Sprouts, so I don’t know if they’ve sold out on their sweater kits, but I’m guessing they have.

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about the Granddaughter throwing you off. I tend to get this anxious feeling after something disturbing happens and it takes me days or even weeks to shake it off sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your credentials as Harold the Elf Hunter are second to none! I hope you end up truly enjoying the cookie decorating event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing awfully well finding Harold. :) I too am enjoying this adventure right along with you.

    ReplyDelete