Saturday, November 3, 2018

On the Road Again

Packing up for this afternoon’s package pickup for Sunday’s 5K.


I can’t decide on black leggings, red leggings or blue, so I’ll take ‘em all, try ‘em all on race day morning, and decide what looks best then. I’m leaning towards blue.
Whereas other (younger) participants prepare for the run/walks by loading up with carbs (pasta and potatoes), this is how I prepare.

Dr. Scholl's Running Insoles, Arthritis Crème, Pain Patches

But that’s not the dark side of participating in run/walks. The worse part, in my estimation, is package pick-up.
Because I can no longer handle a full day of an early morning drive of miles and hours on race day, pick up my bib/tee at the site, THEN immediately race and after drive miles and hours back to the complex, I drive up the day before, pick up race package, then book myself into a hotel near race site, so I can rest up and be fresh and ready to go that next morning.
It gets expensive, which is why Sunday’s Wonder Woman Run will probably be my last away run/walk this year. Maybe my last 5k this year period, as I’m not inclined to do the Riverside Turkey Trot again because I didn’t like that course. The path was rocky, which caused a foot injury and there were steep hills.
Fortunately, I can still do hills, but I don’t like ‘em.
At any rate, today’s package pick-up should be easy peasy as the pick-up point and the race site are both a block away from the hotel.
My bib assignment number is 1990.
That’s one thousand, nine hundred and ninety, and I registered fairly early, which means there are a lot of numbers after mine.
Whew!
This race is going to be HUGE.
Type to you after.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wow. That is going to be a lot of runners. I couldn't do a rocky path even if I could do a 5K. Hahaha. Good luck and proud of you for going.

      Delete
  2. Don't hurt yourself. A medical helicopter ride back home could cost $30,000.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back and will work on a post some time later today.

      Delete
  4. I hope we get so see your beautiful face as Wonder Woman!! Go Boots!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too many photos of me as I didn't have anyone with me to take pictures. Did ask someone to take a shot of something I had to be in the frame for. You'll see in the next post.

      Delete