Sunday, November 25, 2018

Early Bird Catches the Shadow

Experiencing a sudden burst of energy Saturday, I decided to brave the mall to put in some walking miles and pick up an in-store delivery I knew had to have arrived, even though I never received a pick-up notice.
Got it!


Wonder Woman leggings for next year’s 5K.
Items like this are rare and go quick so, even though I’m looking ahead an entire year ─ and who knows what can happen in a year, I couldn’t afford to let the opportunity to add to my costume go by.
Walking in the mall the day after the day after Thanksgiving wasn’t too bad. I did have to dodge dawdlers, and slowed down a couple times to take photos of interesting observations.
If we have an Ugly Sweater Contest, and IF I decide to participate (I’m fed up with winning due to lack of others participating), I might cop this idea and put garland and lights on my green top.



She really did shop ‘til she dropped.


Rocking around the Christmas Tree … not. More like dawdled around it.


Shirtless .... braless ... whatever happened to mannequin modesty?


I’ve never understood this thing of paying hundreds of dollars for, what looks to me like, an ugly purse.


But here they are, lined up and standing in line to get lined up at Tory Burch ─ formerly the location of Kate Spade’s ugly over-priced handbags, with security keeping a close check. But to each his/her own.



Up at the crack of dawn this morning, still feeling energetic, my goal was to get Christmas decorations out of storage, onto the patio and on front door.
But first ... laundry.
Actually, I started my day before the crack of dawn, because I heard the sound of roosters crowing off in the distance right after I started the wash cycle and was headed back to the unit at 5:44 sharp. I also spotted Shadow leaving The Seer’s unit.


I’m not one to gossip, I say tongue in cheek, but 5:44 is awful early in the morning for a gentleman caller. So, one can assume it’s a sleeping over situation. I’d heard  it was so on the grapevine, but this is the first I’d seen with my own eyes.
The Seer did brag, “He’s a real man”. So, if he’s regularly sleeping over, I guess she’d know. LOL.
As I headed up the stairs, I heard myself say to myself it’s not about love, it’s about codependency. But not in the normal sense of one depending on or enabling the other. This is more like co-codependency, both with a need to be fulfilled.
The Seer has clearly stated she’s not happy without a man in her life. Shadow, the strong silent type, doesn’t talk. So, I don’t know what his issue is, but it’s safe to say he too is lonely. So two lonely souls coming together out of a mutual need.
Oh well, whatever it takes to get through this life or as I said before, to each his/her own.
Laundry done, I set about pulling Christmas decorations from the back of the outdoor storage unit.
No easy task, as there’s too much stuff in storage, but I dove in.


Inasmuch as I had to pull containers out of the way to get to Christmas, I took it as an opportunity to declutter ─ go through the containers, get rid of things I’ve been holding onto but don’t need, won’t need.
Along about 10:00 I hit what runners call “The Wall”. I’ve never been a runner but I’m familiar with the experience of hitting the wall ─ beginning to feel fatigued and out of energy. I sat down for a bit, had a cup of coffee, an apple with peanut butter, got up, soldiered on, broke through the wall and, by 11:00, Christmas was out of storage.


Shortly after noon, Christmas was in place on the patio and front door.




Since I don’t entertain, I decided to forego the indoor decorations this year ─ that would be a whole nother day's work and totally unnecessary, so Christmas is done.
Tomorrow I’ll shampoo the carpets, head out to drop off donations to Salvation Army while the carpet dries, then it’s back to my normal routine ─ television, needlepoint, Pokémon Go.
I may stop to pick up a bottle of champagne on the way back, as I find I’m quite fond of the bubbly. However, wish they sold it in smaller servings.

7 comments:

  1. Saw a four-pack of small bottles of Korbel champagne at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the WW tights, your balcony decorations and the Santa mat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully the decorations will once again lure in Carole Singers as they did around 2/3 years ago.

      Delete
  3. I don't believe I have ever heard someone say, 'Gee I wish I could get less champagne." Interesting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I'm not accustomed to drinking, so baby steps.

      Delete
  4. They do, but I forget what they are called.
    Yes, I have way too many decorations. I will dig them out.

    ReplyDelete