Friday, November 16, 2018

Life Moving at the Speed of Light

Time got away from me this week.
Life is moving too fast.
It started on Sunday when I wasn’t able to take advantage of November’s Pokémon GO Community Day because I had an appointment with the Locktician (braid beautician).
Arriving at her salon, she wasn’t there, but one of the other ladies said, “I’ll call her to let her know you’re here. She only stepped away for a bit.”
After waiting for what I felt to be a reasonable amount of time, I called her myself and said, “I’m waiting for you” only to be told, “Your appointment isn’t until next Sunday. But since you’re here, I’m on my way. I’ll go ahead and take you”.
I actually didn’t believe I’d made such a monumental mistake until, once back at the unit, I double checked my organizer and she was right.
THEN, on Thursday, I get a text message from my buddy Apache saying, “You missed the fireworks at the meeting.”
“What meeting … when?” asked I.
Turned out I’d missed the previous day's Residents/Management meeting, the first with the new Community Manager.
“But I thought it was next week”, texted back I.
Even though the meeting was on my organizer, I looked at it and thought that inasmuch as we are in the first week of November (which we are not), I had another week.
I didn’t hit my head when I had that fall on the 9th, but perhaps it rattled my brain.
Still having intermittent aches and pain as a result of that fall, by the way, but nothing Epsom Salt and a pain patch can’t handle.
I’m also unusually tired, which I think is the body recuperating from the trauma of it all.
At any rate, so I don’t forget next week is Thanksgiving (not the week after) and I’m scheduled to head out for the Holiday the day before, I’m constantly checking and rechecking what I have to do and posting reminders so as not to forget anything.
I was actually considering changing my hotel reservation to checking in Thanksgiving Day and out the day after, a turnaround because I’m tired of trying to feed myself in hotels.
If I could eat like everyone else – grab meals in the hotel, nearby restaurants, grab a cup-o-noodles, it wouldn’t be so bad. But having to plan meals, lug the Instant Pot and groceries is tiresome.
Logging into the hotel reservations site, I changed arrival to in on the 22nd, out on the 23rd but, today’s confirmation still had me in on the 21st, out on the 23rd.
I could call the hotel and change directly with them, but I’m thinking the Universe doesn’t want me on the road Thanksgiving Day, even though driving to Long Beach on Thanksgiving Day can’t be any worse than the day before because, last time, the 1-1/2 hour drive the day before took 4 hours. But I don’t like to be fixated on what I want to do, rather than listen and go with the universal flow, so I’m leaving reservations as they are.
Busy working on the needlepoint project -- now in its eighth’s month and not halfway done, plus catching up on scrapbooking, I’ve not been out and about, thus neither heard nor seen Handsome Man or that new neighbor of his.
Tuesday is the catered Thanksgiving affair, so I’m likely to see both – that is if I don’t forget to go. LOL.
At any rate, I’m not looking forward to it. Going to feel uncomfortable.

5 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion, but I would call the hotel and verify the actual dates they have you arriving and leaving. The company's website might have it all fouled up and you could end up without a room for the night you need it or paying for a night you aren't there. I'm a big believer in verify, verify, and then verify again when dealing with these large corporations. As for traffic, Thanksgiving Day is a piece of cake, traffic-wise, like Christmas Day. It's the days before and after that are terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a good idea, so I called and it's the day before when they have me coming in. I realized, after I terminated the call, that was a missed opportunity to change to Thanksgiving Day, but oh well … next time.

      Delete
  2. Today was Scouting for Food day here. I forgot all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, your brain and mine must be taking the same time out. Pretty soon I'll be pinning notes to my shirt to keep me straight!!

    ReplyDelete