Wednesday, June 14, 2017

One Down, Two to Go

Finished the 25 Mile Pedal for the Medal Challenge. Took me 2 hours 8 minutes over 4 days, but I got ‘er done.


Coolest medal ever -- the wheels spin.
This morning is a 30-mile drive to the Montclair Plaza Mall to qualify in the 2nd Annual June Platoon 5K Run.
The promoters of this group do not do virtuals per se, but virtuals can be arranged by direct contact with the organizers.
As I’ve previously blogged, this organization is a small group – about 75 to 100 and everyone in this group is fast compared to me. Even though the other participants are encouraging, it’s too embarrassing to always be holding everything up while they wait for me to cross the finish line … last, so I’ve mostly been making arrangements to participate as a virtual.
There are two malls closer than 30 miles out, but Montclair has two levels, a Barnes and Noble with a restroom that doesn’t bring up my abhorrence of public restrooms, and a store I saw online that’s selling DC Superhero Wonder Woman leggings. I wanted to see a pair in person, try on for size.
After I finish up this June Platoon 5K, that’ll be two challenges down this week, one more to go in July. Though I doubt it’ll happen, I’m hoping nothing else comes along to tempt me beyond a regular stroll around the neighborhood.
I’m also hoping to make it back to the complex in time to sit in on today’s 3:00 Residents/Management meeting.
I don’t imagine all the resentment towards next door neighbor President of the Resident’s Activity Committee that arose at yesterday’s potluck will be discussed, but I’m looking for feedback on the missing handle on the walk-in gate. Like how did it happen, when is it going to be repaired.
Directly after the Residents/Management meeting, there is to be a meeting of neighbor’s Residents Activity Committee.
I want nothing to do with that; besides, I’m not sure there is even a committee any longer.
After contacting The Baker to make sure she was okay and to ask if she wanted me to intercede, to which she replied “Thank you, but no, don’t say anything to her, I’m fine”, I posed the question that, since everyone is so upset with how neighbor is handling the position, can they impeach her.
The answer I got was “There’s no need to impeach her because there really isn’t a committee any longer. Everyone dropped out, except the treasurer.” That leaves a committee of two … just neighbor and Apache (the Treasurer)”. Going to make for a lonely session for neighbor to lord over this afternoon.
There's more, but that's all the time I have for right now. Planning to walk some of the 5K outside the mall, want to get there before the sun gets too hot on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment