Tuesday, June 28, 2016

One Down, One to Go



Up at 5:00 this morning, out at 5:45 to beat the heat and earn my medal for the virtual King of Pop 5K, which is to be completed on or before July 2nd.




Given the choice of either Michael Jackson or Prince, I’m opting for Michael -- never been a fan of Prince and purple is my least favorite color.

Had I known we’d be having triple digit heat, I might have rethought the medal being worth the trauma, but it’s done and behind me now.

For sure, had I known we’d be in triple digits, I’d not have signed up for TWO 5Ks this week.

Yep, I also need to complete the Stars and Stripes 5K on or before July 2nd. So either tomorrow or the next day, I’ll be up at 5:00 to beat the heat and earn more bling.




I suppose I could drive 25/30 miles to the nearest Mall and do the walk in the comfort of an air-conditioned building, but the drive is prohibitive. Then there are people in the way and all those temptations – See’s Candy, Panda Express Chinese, Auntie Anne’s Pretzels, Lane Bryant, Torrid.

One of these days, when I’m not under any pressure to walk x number of miles in x minutes, I might try mall walking to see if it’s worth the drive and to challenge myself that I can get out without binge eating or going on a shopping spree.

I had thought to rent a hotel in Long Beach to facilitate completing Stars and Stripes in person/with the group, but hotel rates in that area go higher than a kite 4th July weekend, and I’m saving up for movers. Though I’m not currently chomping at the bit to relocate just now, it’s still in the back of my mind, so I want to be ready -- just in case.

On tap for remainder of today is soaking my now tired body in Epsom Salt and needlepoint.

2 comments:

  1. You always make me smile. Hope the walk went well. You can window shop in all those stores before they open. After a munchie go to a good thrift store and duplicate all you saw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is too hot here to do anything except stay in an air conditioned house or car. I'm having lunch with my school friends today. It will be in an air conditioned pizza parlor that the son of the my friends just opened.

    ReplyDelete