Monday, June 20, 2016

No Qualms



Hot as it is, I had no qualms about heading out for my daily cup this morning.

I tried brewing my own for a while but found 1) Without the impetus to head out to Starbucks, I’m more likely to stay indoors all day, not interact with others and 2) Brewing my own was not fun and too much trouble. So I’m back to spoiling myself with daily trips to Starbucks.

While out and about, I stopped by the UPS Store to drop off a return package – another thing I have no qualms about, but only since retiring.

Before retiring, if I came to regret a purchase made in-store or online, it seemed such a bother to return. So I’d keep the item thinking I might grow into liking it or eventually run across someone to give it to.

Sometimes I did eventually decide it worked for me after all, and sometimes I gifted it to someone else or ended up donating. A couple items I held onto so long that granddaughter grew up and into them, tags still intact.

Retirement has given me a whole new outlook about purchases. I’m less likely to buy something in-store unless it is absolutely right for me and, when online purchases disappoint, as did the summer sandals I received, it’s returned through the UPS Store or locally if there’s a walk-in location.

Deciding to be lazy and NOT make summer shorts after all, I located peasant shorts online. They’re the length I like, soft linen -- which is what I prefer, look good on the model but one never knows until one tries on oneself. Unsure of the sizing, inasmuch as I can return the shorts to the local department store if one or the other is not right, I ordered my size and one size up -- as I'm once again getting thick around the middle.

On tap this week?

The Monthly Calendar indicates yet another Resident’s/Management Meeting 3PM Wednesday. If not cancelled, I’ll go downstairs for that. The calendar also shows a 10AM Health Class on Friday. I’ll check it out, but won’t be surprised if it doesn’t materialize; and the Father’s Day Potluck, for which I’ve already opted out, is noon Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment