Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Two Birds One Stone

Yesterday’s after the potluck “nap” lasted five hours. I passed out on the couch and didn’t wake up until 7:00 p.m.

I couldn’t have attended that resident/management meeting if I’d wanted to.

It was off to the dealer this morning for regular service on the car. Consequently, I didn’t get any feedback on whether anyone attended the meeting and, if so, what was discussed? It’s doubtful I’ll get any feedback tomorrow either, as it’s my day to chauffeur granddaughter around. I’m hoping to have nowhere to go, nothing to do on Friday, so I can have a moment to check into the Community Room, before it shuts down for the weekend.

I did learn, at yesterday’s potluck, that the new business across the street, towards the opposite end of the complex, isn’t a bar … it’s a marijuana dispensary … a pot shop!

Sounds unsavory, and it’s sure to send the seniors who enjoy complaining into hyperspace but, the way the owners have fixed up the property, it looks to be more high-end to me than other pot shops I’ve seen around town, and the fact the owners have added a high fence and the property is located out-in-the-open, on a main street, I don’t expect the shop to be noisy or attract problems.

Where I have the car serviced is right behind the Ontario Convention Center. I figured it to be a good place to qualify in the virtual Peter Cottontail 5K. So, instead of sitting on my butt in the dealer’s waiting room, I walked around the convention center a few times, logging in 3.26 miles @ 1:20:46.

By the time the 5K was completed and I returned to the dealer, the car was done, sitting over to the side waiting for me.

It was a pretty area to walk.





Interesting sights.



I ran into the Los Angeles Police Department setting up a Memorial Wall.




I was going to take a photo of my ex’s name to send to his/my girls, but a helpful officer -- one of two setting up the wall, informed that, because the ex died in retirement, he wouldn’t be listed. The wall is only officers whose End of Watch came during active duty.

All in all a good day. The dealer didn’t pad the bill, the 5K is done, and I hope to not be tempted to sign up for another for a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment