Monday, March 21, 2016

Fresh Starts

A price was paid on Sunday for Friday and Saturday’s indiscretion – no energy, stomach cramps and nausea as a result of those slurpees. Of course I knew at the time I indulged myself that such deliciousness, so far off the clean eating plan, was likely to have consequences, made the choice to go for it anyway, enjoyed it, paid the consequences, moved beyond it and, today, am more resolved than ever to get my act together and eat clean.

Tomorrow is “free lunch” day in the Community Room, which means a group is coming in to try to sell us something – I think insurance this time.

Even though lunch is supposedly free, which in the long run it isn’t, folks have signed up to bring dishes to supplement what that group brings.

We are so desperate for activities around here that we make a party out of every opportunity … LOL.

I’m sticking to fruit and veggies next few days, so will be picking up a fruit tray from the deli – that is if I go. Right now, I’m undecided as to whether or not I want to sit through all the bla bla bla.

The Baker has planned an egg decorating party this coming Friday. At first I wasn’t interested because I didn’t think it would be anything other than sticking boiled eggs in cups, dying them the same old boring colors I did as a child. However, after thinking about it, I decided that by bringing a couple sharpies, glue and some of my left over craft supplies, we could all get really creative and it would be fun to see the results. So, I’m definitely in.

No matter how I try, I can’t shake loss of my favorite belt. The belt has even been in my dreams and, upon waking this morning, after once again seeing the belt in a dream, I had the thought to check eBay on the off chance the kleptomaniac tried to sell it, rather than keep to wear.

No such belt exists on eBay; however, I did see a few vintage American Flag Buckles for sale. One such buckle was very similar to the one I no longer have. Not exact, but close enough to make me get over the loss and move on, so I snagged it.



It's just the vintage buckle part, not an entire belt, and though the belt also was important -- as it was genuine embossed leather and pricey, I can find another leather belt for the rhinestone buckle.

All together, it's going to cost me a little over twice the price of the original to replace, but at least I can replace it. So hopefully there will be no more regrets (that I was too trusting and did not question her going so deep into the back room ... did not follow ... catch her in the act), no more seeing the belt in my dreams and I can put the episode behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment