Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Meet that Wasn’t

The 2nd Resident/Management meeting was scheduled for 3:00 this afternoon.

Feeling in need of a nap, I really didn’t want to go but, in the off chance the incident involving Creepy Guy came up as a topic, I perked myself up with a cup of coffee and headed down to the Community Room a little before 3:00 to make sure I got a seat.

So there we all were at 3:00, with no one from management in sight to start the meeting.

At 3:05, I began thinking about heading back upstairs for that nap. Instead, I pronounced to my table mates, “I’m giving them five more minutes”.

At precisely 3:10 -- just when their five minutes were up, Nurse Ratched came in and announced the meeting was cancelled per her boss at Corporate, who was to have been in attendance.

Afraid to face us?

Possibly.

Guilty?

Also possibly as I finally accepted something about her that's been on my mind since she -- the woman from Corporate, Nurse Ratched and another woman did that inspection of all units, mine included.

The woman from Corporate was alone in my back room for some time. Later, I became aware two items had gone missing -- an American flag belt and Spa Sonic Skincare System.

You know how you doubt yourself and tear the place up looking for things that were previously in plain sight? I did that for some time until finally settling in my mind that she took the two items. And you know how it is when you think of someone and suddenly you hear from them? I believe that happens because we are all spiritually connected, so that when your mind focuses on a person, they feel it at some level and are prompted to also think of you.

I think when I settled in my mind the woman from Corporate stole from me that it touched her somehow and she knew I knew.

At any rate, what's done is done and I can't prove it, but if she forgets where she obtained the belt and happens to be wearing it on one of her visits to this property, I will be asking for it's return.

As I was heading towards the door after Nurse Ratched came in and cancelled the meeting, I overheard her say something about rescheduling to next Thursday.

“That won’t work”, said The Baker, “That’s when we’re having the Saint Patrick’s Day potluck ... corned beef and cabbage”.

Corned Beef and Cabbage?, thought I. The guacamole I’d planned to bring, because it’s green, isn’t going to work with that menu.

I’ll pass on the corned beef. Hopefully, potatoes are on the menu so I can have cabbage and potatoes.

Back in my unit, I rethought my guacamole contribution and decided on deviled eggs again. Only this time, I’ll add green food coloring to the eggs, after peeling, to dye green. I might even test out adding green food coloring to the filling.

As for the next management/resident meeting, whenever that is, I’ll pass. I’ve got better things to do with my time than fool around with these management types.

No comments:

Post a Comment