Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Ovation

Having put off a retail return and groceries last few days, in lieu of walking, much as I wanted to walk and test the new app this morning, I opted for taking care of business instead, figuring I could walk later in the afternoon.

However, by the time all errands had been completed – which included lugging a heavy box down the stairs to the car and into the retail store, up and down the stairs bringing in groceries, I was worn out and now want nothing more than a cup of coffee and to stretch out on the couch.

If I get a second wind later, I’ll head out. Otherwise, tomorrow’s another day.

Though I personally prefer the black eye peas/basmati rice tamales I made for New Years, I will be making the rotisserie chicken marinated in salsa verde again because the entire room applauded them at yesterday’s candelmas party.

End of event, as I was leaving, someone said something I didn’t catch about the tamales and the whole room started clapping.

Since the best cook in the complex (The Baker) had made biscuits to go with what looks to be the second best cook's (The Writer) barbeque pork butt, and since The Baker had baked cupcakes for dessert and The Writer banana pudding, I was stunned it was my dish being applauded.

Looks like I've been upgraded from The Deviled Egg Lady to The Tamale Queen around here.

Other than the host not making an appearance, the gathering was fun, peaceful, drama free.

Apache himself was ill. Word is, he’d been out in the cold night air and was now suffering from a sore throat.

Unable to attend your own party due to a sore throat sounds like a lame excuse to me but, hey, he’s a guy, so who knows.

No one unpleasant made an appearance, and quite a few of the residents in attendance were those we rarely see at events, so that was nice they came out and enjoyed themselves.

Next up is the Valentine’s Day Party.

It’s a potluck.

I was thinking about trying out something I saw on Pinterest – heart shaped deviled eggs.



However, inasmuch as the Activity Director is providing fried chicken, I’ve decided to take the easy way out with deli potato salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment