Thursday, February 11, 2016

Little Foxes

Not much was accomplished yesterday, yet it was an exhausting day.

By the time I’d helped Granddaughter take care of her Costco grocery shopping, I had no energy left to do my banking or Home Depot errands and returned to the complex with body aches.

I think the drastic change in weather got to me … the heat.

With today mapped out to take care of what I had to skip yesterday, I got online last night to take care of that pesky Vehicle Registration the DMV sends every year, only to find Smog Certification is required.

That verse in Song of Solomon about the little foxes that spoil the vine came to mind.

My little foxes are that very same annual vehicle registration, especially when smog certification is factored in, having to renew my driver’s license – no matter it is years between being required to do so, having to take care of taxes – though TurboTax makes it a breeze and I always get a return, and when I get called for jury duty.

In the grand scheme, there are far worse things to spoil the flow in people’s lives, but those are the little foxes that kink up my flow.

Looking online, I found the facility I go to for smog checks doesn’t take appointments and, of course, it’s a few cities over in the opposite direction to where I’d planned to be today; but everything happens for a reason. So annoyed as I am, I’m up early this morning, putting my personal flow aside, going with the universal flow, hoping to get in line before a crowd forms.

4 comments:

  1. 91 degrees in San Bernadino on Thursday! You were the nation's high temperature for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had no idea it was THAT hot. No wonder I crashed.

      Delete
    2. Just noted that it was again 91 on Friday. You're having a heatwave...

      Delete
    3. Yep. A/C started kicking in at 8:30 in the morning.

      Delete