Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Gated Community?

Even though my walks have been late morning rather than early, it’s been so cold and windy that I ordered a couple long sleeve high collar athletic tops to protect myself against the weather.



Since the incident with the mailman leaving the lockbox key in the wrong box, and the person receiving my makeup and scrapbook album by mistake deciding to keep rather than turn over, I’ve been reluctant to receive orders via mail. Preferring the ship to store for pickup but, in this case, that option wasn’t available, so trusting the mailman it was.

Fortunately, the order arrived today without incident, the fit is perfect but guess what … the weather has taken a dramatic turn. It’s still windy, but now too hot for long sleeves high collar.

Nevertheless, I’ve been out there to the tune of 11.77 towards the Aim High 2016 – 100 Mile Challenge and, in the process, qualified as having completed two other virtual 5Ks.






Looks like I’m not only back in the swing of things, but making up for lost time.

While out walking the other day, I noticed a change in entrance to the complex.

From this …




To This …



Not only does the gate change make the entrance look hideously ugly, but it gives a whole new meaning to the term “Gated Community” because the complex has taken on look and feel of a prison.



If adding heavy sheets of metal to the gate is intended to keep bad people out, it’s a total fail as people jump the walls and fence areas; not to mention bad people are already living here, allowing other bad people to live with them.

After thinking about it, the change may be to add weight to the gate, thereby preventing it from the usual slamming shut, which slamming irritates residents living near the entrance.

However, there’s got to be a more pleasingly aesthetic way of solving that issue.

Perhaps I’ll find out what’s up with the gate at this afternoon’s Resident Meeting.

Yep, it appears the screaming match I walked into a few weeks ago where residents were complaining about Nurse Ratched and demanding to meet with corporate is happening.

I stopped into the Community Room after picking up mail and was informed by Younger Sister the meeting is 3:00 today.

On the one hand, I don’t want to sit in what is sure to be a hostile environment – people angry, people frustrated, people venting. Especially, since I feel it’s all for naught because “You can’t change a problem at the level of the problem”.

On the other hand, I’m curious, so we’ll see.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! You have people who keep your mail and now angry people too? That's such a shame. I don't know of many gated communities here in Hawaii. Probably only in the wealthy areas wherever that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes all kinds to make a universe and, unfortunately, not all those kinds are spiritually aware. When a gated community is as large as this, one has to accept the tares being mingled with the wheat.

      Delete