Saturday, September 5, 2015

Vacancy

Looks like we’ve got a vacancy in our quad.



This is upstairs, across and to the left of my unit, over the Nosy Neighbor (the neighbor who rushes out and pretends to be watering her plants to eavesdrop on conversations going on in the quad), and next door to the Head Maintenance Man and his wife.

Though I never heard nor saw any movement, I have it on good authority the neighbor moved out on August 29. I didn’t notice anything until just yesterday when I looked up and it hit me the patio furniture was gone, as well as the door to the storage unit was open with nothing inside and the blinds slightly open with no signs of light or life inside.

Doesn’t seem the resident was here very long, only since May of 2013 but, inasmuch as she had a heart attack shortly after moving in -- which heart attack resulted in a pacemaker being implanted, she’s fortunate to have exited of her own volition rather than leaving through a final exit … if you know what I mean.

The resident has a boyfriend who lives on the property and she moved in back in 2013, I assume, to be close to him – though I’ve always wondered why they paid for two units instead of moving in with each other.

At any rate, we have an opening and another opportunity to get some good-looking testosterone into the quad instead of more estrogen.

I’ve asked myself … could you, would you recommend someone to move into this complex?

I honestly don’t know.

I’m content here and, as a single woman, I feel safe. However, when I first moved in (February 2012), I was way more than content. I felt blessed to have found this complex and pronounced it to be “Paradise” with all of its beautiful trees, multitude of activities AND “My last move other than the move to the graveyard.” The trees were chopped down and activities mostly became a thing of the past, when new management took over in January of 2013, so now I pronounce the complex as “still a nice place to live, but nowhere near the Paradise it was before.” Now it’s more like “Purgatory”—the so-called quiet mid level between Heaven and Hell where souls are sent to reside while they are being judged as to whether they will go on to Heaven or sent to Hell.

Disclaimer: Heaven, Purgatory, Hell are not my personal belief, but the belief of others which most nearly depicts how I view the complex now.

No comments:

Post a Comment