Thursday, September 17, 2015

Results and Results

It took like forever for the organizers of last Saturday’s Appreciation 5K to post results.

Yesterday’s online posting had me ranked 32 out of 34 athletes.

Not bad for a 71-year-old walker, especially inasmuch as I out-walked a 35 and 53 year old.
Time wasn’t bad either … 57:54:00

As long as I come in under an hour, I’m happy and encouraged to keep at it. Not being last is just icing on the cake.

The 68-year-old grandma, who ran the entire race, posted a time of 33:00:00.

Would you believe the top runner -- turning in a time of 21:54, was a 13 year old girl? Grandma was only 10 runners 12 minutes behind the top!

I probably could have shaved a few more seconds off my time, had I not stopped to take this 
photo.



Curious as this is someone’s back yard in what is known as the upscale part of town.

One of these days, while in the area, I’m going to drive around and try to find what the front looks like.

It’s probably a mansion.

Lab work results are also in. Looks like I’m okay except for cholesterol level. The doctor has been telling me for two years I need to take medication. I’ve refused, preferring to work it out holistically through diet. After numerous attempts at losing weight, it’s only in the last four months I’ve shown signs of success in the weight loss area, but losing eleven pounds isn’t nearly enough, and I’ve once again become stuck. No further weight loss.

I don’t like the idea of becoming dependent upon medication, but inasmuch as the level is now dangerously high, I don’t see as how I have a choice.

She wins.

Medication it is.

Last couple weeks, I’d become dizzy and the room started spinning for a sec when I wasn’t even moving – simply sitting at the computer or turning my head too fast.

I thought it was the heat.

What’s on tap for today?

Got a line on a new nail salon that just opened up in the area, so I’m thinking manicure pedicure.

1 comment: