Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Halloween Potluck

Seems every event around here is geared around food.
The seniors are always eating.
Today it was a deli sandwich platter provided by the Activity Director, the deli potato salad I brought, the Seer made cornbread while the Baker made chili, plus there were chips, sodas, cake, cupcakes.
I played it safe with deviled eggs and potato salad, both of which I made using Walden Farms Amazin’ Sweet & Tangy Mayo -- calorie free, fat free, soybean oil free, some cherry tomatoes, olives, baby carrots.
It turned out I was the only one with deviled eggs because the guy who signed up for them, of course, didn’t show, but that’s on him.
The costume portion wasn’t a total letdown as three others came in costume, but it was a  bit of a letdown in that I’d expected more participation. However, even though the others didn’t bother to dress, they had no problem donning the headbands and masks I provided, which made the event a little more spirit of Halloween for me, but sometimes I think I need to be with a younger more with it crowd.


On the flip-side, I won the best costume contest.


That’s the golden lariat of truth in my hand.
Didn’t expect a win, inasmuch as I generally lose costume contests and because I was up against …

Witch

Bee

Nun
Winner

I would have voted for the Witch, but it was gratifying to finally win one.

Prize was a deluxe pompom throw.


Tomorrow I’m off to the medical center to appease my doctor, who I think is close to firing me from her patient list because she’s not meeting the medical center’s quota with me. I keep popping up in her computer, followed by calls and letters to set up appointments for preventive things I don’t want.
I’ve blocked the medical center from my phone, ignored the letters and the doctor is at the point where I’ve been getting postcards about appointments she’s taken the liberty of scheduling for me.
Since I didn’t ask for those appointments, I’ve had no problem ignoring them as well. However, I owe her for the medical excuse she provided that got me out of jury duty and allowed me to opt out of the system altogether, so I’ll submit to this latest she’s scheduled for me -- a boobie check, to get her bosses off her back and I’ll submit to a follow-up visit with her – to get her off my back, and hopefully that will be the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment