Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Universe Has Spoken

Awake at 4:15 this morning, I just lay in bed … afraid to get up and start the day, afraid to know.

Along about 4:50 I wrestled with … is it best to avoid knowing for as long as I can or just get up and rip the bandage off.

Up I got, logged on and, though I'd expected as much, my reaction was physical.

First, my hand went to my mouth in horror.

Second, I found it hard to breath.

Third, my eyes felt watery.

Tears?

Checking in on my facebook friends, I found everything from sad to hilarious.




“Better get new tennis shoes for all those protest walks I'm gonna go on. #WTF?!”

“I have a house in the Azores Islands in Portugal - you are all invited. Okay so you may need to bring a hammer but …”

“Frightening in every way.”




“God has forsaken us.”

“I want my mommy!

“We just set our clocks back to 1950.”

“The second coming of Hitler.”

“I feel so ill right now. ”

“One thing I underestimated in this election: America's desire to burn itself to the ground.”

“Well ... hopefully you’ll all be able to feel better with weed!”

“Ok...Trump won...election over...can you all start posting your food and drink pics again...I miss those!!”

I’m just sorry I lived this long, but it is what it is.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully he won't bring about Armaggedon, and we'll live past his term. (praying it's only one.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that. BTW, I loved your last post on the subject. It was deep and profound.

      Delete