Friday, February 19, 2016

Cleaning Up My Act

Since I’d not been down to see the folks in the Community Room since Tuesday, I didn’t get any feedback on the Valentine’s Day Potluck until today.

Feedback was less than enthusiastic. Highest praise I could get out of anyone was “okay” and “alright”. So obviously somehow something had gone wrong -- the event wasn’t fun.

Glad I slept through it.

Word is, something is to be arranged for St Patrick’s Day. My participation will depend upon what exactly is being arranged and what time it’s to take place.

Nothing much going on with me, personally. I thought to be finished with that never ending needlepoint project, begun in February 2015, and onto the next project, but nooooo. The back stitching detail work is taking almost as long as it took to complete the art work.

I’m still working on my goal of 100 miles, but though yesterday and today were perfect weather for walking, I opted instead to clean up my clean-eating act – which eating plan had gotten considerably muddy with too many carbs, too much sugar.

I’d been trying on/off to get back on track for like forever, but the daily craving for a chocolate muffin or Ben and Jerry Cherry Garcia Ice Cream or Girl Scout Cookies would win out before the day was over – even though eating those things upset my stomach and made me feel not well in general.

Yesterday was the day I became determined to get my act together and not give into temptation.

Both the chocolate muffin AND Cherry Garcia called my name all day, and sent along a sugar withdrawal headache to encourage me to indulge. However, I made it through the day without sugar, without carbs, didn’t die, and haven't been bothered by cravings today, which prompted me to take the precaution of getting rid of what was left of the Girl Scout cookies.

That’s what brought me to the Community Room this morning – getting rid of the cookies, where I got that feedback and also ran into my Depressed Neighbor.

I really have to come up with a new name for her – maybe just “Neighbor” because, last few weeks, she hasn’t been reading as “depressed” to me. I’d assumed she’d adjusted to where she now finds herself in life but, in talking to her in the Community Room this morning, I find she’s excited because she found a “bid whisk” group in the area.

Whatever.

I didn’t even know what that was. Had to google it to learn what and how to spell it correctly, but if bid whisk floats her boat and makes her happy, I’m happy for her.

Heading back to the unit, I saw Creepy Guy sitting in the grassy knoll.

He hasn’t been a topic on here for a long time because, after getting in serious trouble for harassment of female residents, he’s been minding his p’s and q’s.

Of course, Creepy Guy doesn’t see it as harassment. He’s delusional and sees himself as a ladies’ man, even though the ladies don’t want him or his attention.

He even tried to hit on the Writer of Christian Literature when she first moved in – approaching and instructing her on the so-called ropes of senior living. Telling her to not get involved in cliques – which is what he calls all the women not interested in him, we're a clique, and snaking up to her saying, “If there’s anything I can do for you, let me know” and then suggestively added “Anything at all.”

Once the Writer got to know us, and shared this encounter, she said something to the effect that she knew what he was suggesting, was amused and thinking, “Look at this little old fool”.

At any rate, what got Creepy Guy in trouble was his making an inappropriate comment to one of the more feisty female residents, who promptly told him where to go and what he could do when he got there.

He was so incensed by her rejection and daring to put him in his place that he later went to her unit, stood outside and began yelling profanities.

The resident went to the office, filed a formal complaint and, it not being the only formal complaint filed by a female against Creepy Guy, he got himself called into Nurse Ratched’s office.

Inasmuch as another male resident had gotten himself evicted over similar behavior, I’m assuming Creepy Guy was put on notice and has thus been behaving himself since.

I made it clear to him a long time ago to “not even”, so he’s been mad at me to where he no longer looks my way, doesn’t even lift his head to look AT me, except for today. He looked dead at me and, as I walked back to my unit, kept eyes on me the whole entire time.

Tired of being ignored, trying to stare me down, looking for a Round 2 perhaps?

I could have challenged him by stopping, staring right back at him, but chose instead to ignore and continue to pretend he doesn’t exist.

If he does it again, I might take him on and we have us a good old-fashioned staring contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment