Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Back on Track

Took a few days off from life to get back on track clean eating/diet wise so, having not been out and about, no idea what, if anything, is up with the folks here at the senior complex.

Except, I could hear talk, laughter, rummaging about late Sunday night, which let me know the downstairs resident is back from Hawaii. She hasn’t knocked on my door since returning, so I think it’s safe to say she thankfully didn’t bring back chocolate covered macadamia nuts – at least not for me. I say “thankfully” because I’ve been off sugar for seven days, worked myself through cravings, withdrawal headaches, even lost the five pounds picked up over the holidays and feel like I’m back on track, but not so far along that I can resist chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

With no books I’m interested in reading, not much on TV during the day, and no activities here at the complex, that never ending needlepoint project finally came to an end. 



I’m so happy with the finished product that, instead of rolling it up and putting in storage, as with my other projects, I’ve affixed it to one of those self-adhesive mounting boards and covered with protective film to keep clean until I find a suitable frame for hanging in the hallway -- which, in feng shui speak, would be the fame wall, the far back middle corner of my space.

Though the project took a year, start to finish, I enjoyed the challenge – that is up until the very end when I locked beads onto the shawl. The beads were so fine, so tiny, that I had to use a needle which itself was so thin so fine so sharp that it became a deadly weapon at both ends.

I was extra special careful, yet and still there was pain, there was blood, there were bandages.



Talk about suffering for one's art.

On tap for today?

I’ve no idea.

The dreaded taxes were on my to-do list for some time in April, before the 15th, but I woke up at 4:00 this morning feeling like getting it out of the way so I didn’t have to dread it any longer so, by 7:00 it was off the list and I was on to breakfast.

With absolutely nothing else on the to-do list, I’ll be playing today by ear.

2 comments:

  1. Your needlepoint turned out just lovely. It will surely look good on your wall.

    As for taxes, someone tried to start a new TurboTax account in our name and file fraudulent return. TurboTax caught them, contacted me, and after two hours on the phone with the fraud division got the return deleted. That meant I needed to get mine done, pronto, which I did. I've already received the state tax refund in my bank account, just waiting for the federal refund to hit. These are both small amounts so I have no idea why someone who try to hijack my taxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! That was a good save from TurboTax. I too am surprised they'd go after small amounts rather than large. But, on the other hand, maybe the criminals thought it would be less suspicious.

      Delete