Sunday, June 9, 2019

Winning

Trainer’s studio is less than two blocks from the complex, still I drive.
No reason.
On Thursday I felt it time to begin getting those extra steps in and walked.
Big mistake, because Trainer said it was time to “push you a little”.
He upped the pounds on the slam balls and threw in a new weight bearing leg exercise.
It was a little tough, but I handled it and walked out feeling good.
However, just a few steps outside the studio, reality began to set in. My lower limbs began to revolt ─  the sides of my legs, from hips to ankles, began to ache and my knees nearly buckled.
Walking back to the complex was a struggle, but I made it and probably will drive from hereon out.
At any rate, an Epsom salt soak worked wonders. I settled in, opened the laptop to check mail and an odd subject line caught my attention.

I hovered over the address to make sure the sender wasn’t one of those fake messages, saw it was legit, opened the email, clicked on the link, followed instructions.
Lo and behold an image popped up congratulating me on winning a nice chunk of change on a lottery 2nd chance drawing.
The most I’ve ever won in a lottery is $100. This win is the equivalent of two year’s rent, if I plan to continue living here until they throw me out ─ one year’s rent if the Universe has other plans and sends me to live in a community which is not income restricted.
Not wanting to throw my being so blessed in the face of neighbors who are struggling, I’m keeping my mouth shut. To tell even my buddy Apache would be to put my good fortune on blast, so mums the word around here.
I didn't waste time in locating a lottery office and was there the next day ─ Friday, submitting claim paperwork.


Winning is a new and fun experience for me.

7 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on your Lottery Win! Your Post Workout experience reminds me of the one time I did Pilates, which is the devil I swear, seems to easy while doing it... recovering from it took DAYS! The Son does mixed martial arts and said even he doesn't attempt Pilates, so what was I thinking? *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know because I was recently looking into a beginner's Pilates class at the local senior center, thinking of adding it to my routine for days not with Trainer. I didn't like the hours posted so nixed it. Sounds like I dodged a bullet. LOL.

      Delete
    2. My old gym had a class that was half yoga and half Pilates, which to me was the best of both worlds.

      Delete
    3. Could be, with Pilates being Core Training, I hadn't realized how wrecked my Core must have been! Winks

      Delete
  2. Wow. Tell us all about it. I've never won any money to speak of. I have won items on giveaway sweepstakes and that was a treat. Working at the law firm we had 3 different lottery winners come in for wealth planning. One was $100,000 and she split with the boyfriend who gave her the dollar. Another died 3 months after she and her husband bought a new house and I can't remember the third one. My boss used to laugh at our group lottery purchases until the clients came in after their wins. Then he thought it was great fun but never joined in with us. Probably snuck off to the local quick stop and bought his own tickets.

    ReplyDelete