Saturday, June 15, 2019

What’s in Britney's Closet

Browsing the news, I spied an article about singer Britney Spears of Hit Me Baby One More Time fame.
The article said her fans were worried about her because, while displaying her reorganized closet on Instagram, she seemed to be speaking too fast and moving in a frenzied manner.
Curious, I followed the thread to the video.
Wasn’t impressed with the closet reorganization.
Though Britney raved about how everything was organized by color, the walk-in closet shelves looked cluttered to me. And I failed to focus on whether or not she was speaking too fast or moving in a frenzied manner, because I was distracted by a flowered bag I saw prominently displayed up front and to the side of Britney.


Hopefully, this bag isn’t something Britney got snookered into paying a couple hundred dollars for at some trendy Rodeo Boulevard boutique, because I have the same bag and got it for free.
Running low on perfume, I made a trip to the mall’s Estee Lauder counter two weeks ago. Lucky me, it was giveaway with a purchase day. I was given the bag, filled with sample cosmetics.
I liked the samples, but thought the bag ugly. All those flowers seemed old lady-ish and just not me — even though I am an old lady, so the plan was to donate the bag to the residents’ volunteer activity committee as a prize for the bingo table. Before that could happen, however, that day I'd decided to walk the two blocks, I was looking around the unit for something to lug my walking shoes, water bottle, towel, iPod, etc., to the pain cave, and realized the bag was just the right size.


A gift that turned out to be right on time. One I’ve received compliments on and have grown to like.
Who knew?

9 comments:

  1. Britney Spears is in the video. Jessica Simpson does not look like Britney anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, you're right. That is Britney fans are worried about and is the one that sang Oops I Did it Again. I'll edit the names. Thanks. You do know your blondes don't you. LOL.

      Delete
  2. I love the bag. Wish I had been smart enough to get to an Estee Lauder counter and get one. I didn't know Estee Lauder was still around since I never go into fancy department stores any more. I do all my cosmetics shopping at Ulta and Sephora.

    As for it looking like an old lady's bag, you do realize that Estee Lauder is an old lady's cosmetic company. Anyway, that bag would match some Tom's shoes I ordered this season. Almost a perfect match. But, again, matchy, matchy is an old-lady attribute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Estee is still around and hopefully will stay around at Macy's because Cinnabar is my scent and has been for eons. Every time I've thought about a different fragrance some stranger comes along with a compliment when they get a whiff. I'm just sorry they discontinued the talc and I missed the Mother's Day window when the lotion was available. And, LOL, I do realize Estee is a brand associated with grandmothers and great grands, but we were young when we became customers. I guess the rest is loyalty and why switch from what we've been happy with.

      Delete
  3. That bag's timing to come into your life was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Can't wait to see what other good thing the universe has in mind.

      Delete
  4. I've been wearing the same fragrance for eons too and still get loads of compliments from Men and Women alike so I'd never switch... Nag Champa Essential Oil... an Old Hippie staple. If that is her re-organized Closet Lord knows what it looked like BEFORE?!? Hope she didn't pay someone too much for that 'Look'... I'd be able to have a younger Grandchild organize by Color... and for Free! *Winks*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't treated myself to a new bottle of perfume in a long time. I have always loved Este Lauder products. I think back to the days I would shop at Foley's and come home with the works. Sometimes I see a woman my age or older who is all fixed up with makeup and hair done, expensive clothes and just the look of someone who still dresses themselves up. I'm glad for them in a way, that they still enjoy that process of "getting ready". I don't really miss it but it is a memory I enjoy recalling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy smelling nice and dressing nice, in a sporty way, but absolutely hate the makeup process. So much so that many times I've looked into having permanent makeup done but, inasmuch I can't handle pain, makeup every morning it is because I'm not one of those people who look good without it.

      Delete