Monday, June 17, 2019

Bad Teacher

Because there is a liquor store next door to the pain cave, questionable looking individuals sometimes hang around in the shopping center area. Trainer always tells me, “Be careful” when I exit.
No worries.
I always am.
Since that guy accosted me at the mailbox inside my gated community, and a guy followed me around in the market, it’s embedded in my brain to always be on guard because no place is safe.
At any rate, Trainer told me of an incident where a woman came in once yelling help because, as she exited the liquor store, a couple teenagers grabbed her purse and ran. Trainer chased the kids but, when they made it out of the shopping center and onto an asphalt road littered with glass and debris, he had to cease chasing because he had no shoes on.
There are no shoes allowed on the floor of the front room of the studio, which is where yoga and boxing bag workouts occur.
It’s all bare feet or socks only, which necessitates my entering the studio wearing workout socks and Birkenstock sandals.  Just by the door is an area for shoes. I kick off the sandals, walk across the front area in socks, enter the pain cave area in the rear, where I slip on my athletic shoe.
Leaving the pain cave, it’s off with the workout shoes, walking back across the front room in socks, slipping the sandals back on and out the door.
It’s a cultural thing based on feng shui and though it sounds like a lot of trouble, one becomes accustomed to the process. Besides, even if it is a lot of trouble, one has to respect the culture.
So, anyway, since last week’s 2nd Chance Lotto Win which, by the way, I fortunately don’t really need the money and am giving it to Twin 2, I decided to take the lottery more seriously ─ play once a moth rather than the occasional play when the pot is huge because I have other family members in need.
That liquor store next door sells lottery tickets so, when Trainer said be careful as I was leaving this morning, I said I was headed next door to get a lottery ticket.
That fascinated him, as he’d never played, and he began asking me all kinds of questions as to how it works.
“Would you like to go with me to see how it works”, I finally said.
He did indeed.
Once inside the liquor store, I showed him where the tickets were located, explained how the Super and Power indicate pick five numbers and a mega.
“What’s a mega”, asked he.
“I don’t know. It’s just another number you have to hit. But you can dispense with all this and just ask the woman at the counter for a quick pick”.
Once at the counter, Trainer began asking questions about all the scratch offs he spotted, at which point, the woman at the counter took over, explaining to Trainer how the tickets work and that people have come in and purchased $20 scratch offs, won nothing, while others purchase $1.00 tickets, win more often but don’t really win more than a few dollars or a free ticket. However, said she, a customer recently won $2,000 on a $5.00 Monopoly scratch off.
I hope I haven’t done a bad thing in teaching Trainer how to gamble ─ awakened an addiction in Trainer because he got a little too excited when he spotted the scratch offs and over the top excited in purchasing five of the one-dollar ones. 
I thought a better investment would have been one $5.00 scratch off, but he was insistent on five ones.
Hopefully, he’ll have beginner’s luck and wins something, anything, otherwise he’s gonna give me flack when I show up tomorrow.
However, on the off chance he does get lucky, I got him to commit to a ten percent finder’s fee for me.
LOL.
On another note, if anyone is interested in that bag I got for free at the Estee Lauder counter, as seen in Britney’s closet, despite the bag being labeled, “Promotional … Not for Sale”, there are not one, not two, but dozens of listings on eBay ─ some in the range of $9.00/$10.00 for the bag alone.


Upwards of $35 for the bag with the sample products.

No comments:

Post a Comment