Monday, February 19, 2018

Happy Not My President’s Day



With enough Pokéballs in my virtual backpack to get me through to the 24th, when I’ll hit the University Campus to see what the game has to offer at February’s PokémonGo Community Day, I’ve no special plans for today (which is a good thing because it’s another wet and rainy Monday) and actually have not had to leave the unit since Thursday.
Except I did make a run by the market yesterday for supplies.
While there, I observed something strange in the parking lot.
I thought it was a creepy clown cover on the passenger side and, inasmuch as I’m always taking photos of things I see while out and about, for posting to Facebook or Instagram, I positioned the cellphone to capture the strangeness.
The strangeness waved at me.
So not a car seat cover.
I froze, but got the picture before the car drove away.


Later, showing the photo to Apache, he said, “That’s not a creepy clown, that’s Anonymous”.
He's entirely correct, and I should have known that; but Anonymous, the good guys, is creepy looking in person.
Also, while in the market, I checked out the Potato Chips isle.
Not that I wanted or could have eaten potato chips, but to take a look at the Smile Bags.
Lay’s Potato Chips is running a marketing plan called “Operation Smile” – “Every Lay’s Smile Bag purchased helps us reach our goal of a $1 million donation to Operation Smile, an organization that changes lives one smile at a time”.
Based on all the awfulness let loose in the world right now – the lies, double-dealing, greed, self-interest, I’m not at all sure this is a philanthropic endeavor or just a clever marketing scheme to sell chips but “smile, snap, share” seemed like a fun thing to do, from a pop culture standpoint, so off I went to check out smile bags.
If it’s a marketing thing, I’d have to say it’s brilliant because smile bags were flying off the shelf, selling like hot cakes. One smile bag had already sold out. I can’t tell you which smile it was, because that particular slot was completely empty.
I managed to find a bag with an image I could work with, and should I be tempted to eat what was in the bag and set off a gut episode, I made sure to choose a flavor I thought disgusting – Wavy Ranch.

Smile Snap Share ##SmileWithLays

One last strange thing before yet another unstoppable Windows update, that's about to run, kicks me off the computer. Looking at the calendar, unless I’m mistaken, Easter falls on April Fool’s Day this year.
How odd is that?

6 comments:

  1. Okay you say, Oh it's Anonymous. Should I know who that is? That is just damn creepy.

    I have not seen the Lay's bags. I don't eat chips but that is funny and it's better than seeing that orange fat ass anyday.

    I had to google easter and I see you are correct. That is rather funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a few of the good deeds the group known as Anonymous has performed https://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/8-Things-That-Anonymous-The-Hacker-Terrorist-4468626.php

      Delete
  2. Lent and Valentine's Day were the same this year, the first time since 1945. Easter is on April 1. This is the first time since 1956 and will occur again in 2029, so mark your calendar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As if what we've already been subjected to could get any weirder. I'll have to do some research to see if any significant historical event occurred in 1956 because I see "signs" in things like this.

      Delete
  3. You have a terrific smile! Wavy Ranch? Eww...
    JP

    ReplyDelete