Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Fourth Time’s the Charm

Happy Fat Tuesday!
I didn’t realize today was Mardi Gras’ Fat Tuesday until I was already downstairs, in the Community Room, chatting with the folks while they waited for pizza delivery. Had I known, I would have brought beads because, even though I gave away quite a few last year on Fat Tuesday, I still have a half container remaining.
Conversation in the Community Room centered around that pit bull.
Didn’t get the details but, evidentially, Animal Control has been contacted twice and just this morning, a woman rolled through the Community Room on her wheelchair, headed to the office, to complain about the dog chasing someone. A few minutes later, she rolled past us upset that management said, “The dog is a service dog and has a right to be here”.
The next Residents/Management meeting is this Thursday and, from what I’ve heard, it’s going to be ugly. I'd better arrive early and, if I could eat popcorn, I'd bring some – that is if management doesn’t get afraid and cancel.
Apache said he’s tried to ward off the ugliness he knows to be coming down the pike for management and corporate office by trying to get them to see that failure to handle the pit bull situation is going to result in monumental consequences. 
What he’s hinting at is someone having contacted an attorney to represent us seniors, to look into not only who authorized the pit bull, but other issues and suspicions of improprieties residents have voiced concern over.
The Seer is having visions of dominos falling. She said she keeps seeing the first domino fall, which causes the next one to fall, so on and so forth.
Going to be an interesting week.
Tomorrow is the Valentine Dance, and residents being so upset over the pit bull situation, your guess is as good as mine as to whether folks will turn out.
I’ll be there, taking photos, wearing a red tank top I had overnighted.
Yep. Instead of wasting $42.90 on a Betty Boop Tee that was totally wrong for my body type (actually $32 with the 25% off), I decided the dollars would be better served ordering that red tank top I’d passed on in January. Even with the added charge of overnight delivery, the red tee is a more reasonable purchase than Joshua’s winning Project Runway look.
I had one Project Runway impulse purchase already.
One of the perks last season, Season 16, was that the winning look would become the newest design for Dixie To Go Cups. A designer named Claire actually won that challenge but, when it was determined she’d cheated, the win went to Brandon.


Vacationing in Long Beach, the week leading up to Thanksgiving, I walked into a market, saw Brandon’s cups and it was like oooh Project Runway.
Now here they are sitting in my cupboard -- paper cups I don't need, probably will never open or use because they’re special.


Lastly, even though I’d gone, at least three times, through the file where I keep assembly instructions, registration info and other paperwork on every household item purchased, something kept nudging me to look again.
Sure enough, fourth time’s the charm, because out slipped -- from between two large pieces of paper, the little card needed by the Geek Squad to factory reset the laptop.
Now that I know I can get rid of the blue screen, and the Geeks have assured me it’s not a virus or some kind of spyware, I was planning on living with the status quo, hold off to see what subsequent automatic updates would do.
Would you believe, however, that in the middle of typing this post, an automatic update knocked me out, restarted the laptop, and the welcome screen came up without having first to go through the blue screen.
Problem may have rectified itself.
Next logoff/login will let me know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment