Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Hearing

This morning’s O.J. Parole Hearing was hard to take.
I came close to losing my religion, not understanding how it is God lets people like him get away with it all, live relatively happy prosperous lives ... even while in prison from what I've read.
I ended up with a major headache because my mind was at conflict with everything he said, comparing what he was saying with what happened to Nicole and Ron.
For instance, when he said he didn’t know a gun had been used in that botched robbery, "I’ve never pulled a weapon on anybody," my mind said, “That’s because you prefer knives!”
When he said he was a good guy, a straight shooter, that he’d never had a fight, wasn't a "conflict" kind of guy, my mind went to those photos of Nicole’s battered face, her calls to the police where you could hear his voice raging in the background. My mind said, “So I guess it’s technically not conflict/a fight when one is badgering, bulling, threatening and beating a defenseless female who can’t fight back.”
He said he's missed birthdays and graduations with his children while behind bars. “Oh boo hoo”, my mind said, “Nicole missed those as well”.
And as for his desire to be “A role model”, my mind said “Role model for what … how to get away with murder (allegedly)?”
In discussing the failed robbery, his daughter said, “He made the wrong decision at the wrong time.”
“No shat Sherlock. How about when he butchered two people (allegedly)”.
And, if as his daughter says, he’s so damn remorseful, why can’t he extend that to the previous episode, stop all the smug gloating in the face of the Goldmans, torturing them by hiding money, failing to pay the civil litigation award.
"I was always a good guy, but could have been a better Christian, and my commitment to change is to be a better Christian."
Bull crap!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't watch the hearing, but have heard so much about it. I guess his oldest daughter lives here in Fresno. I laughed, wondering if they might parole him here, for her to supervise! He has done a great job convincing himself that he has done nothing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're better off having not watched the hearing. He never really accepted responsibility ... talked around it, blamed others. Watching him put on his usual show was upsetting.

      Delete