Monday, July 10, 2017

Deja Vu

I’ve not had a package go missing since that pompous arrogant mailman who said, “I don’t make mistakes” retired. But here I am yet again, with a delivery showing up online as being placed in a locker on the 7th, but the key obviously being placed in the wrong box because it surely didn’t make it to mine.
I’m debating whether it’s worth the aggravation to make a big deal about it, i.e., go to the post office, report a mistake having been made, talk to the mail person on duty that day and, for sure, there’s no point to expect the person who received the package in error to be honest and turn it over, because it’s likely the same person that was the recipient of the goods not belonging to them last year, goods which they kept and/or used and/or sold, has no intention of being honest this time around.
Hard to believe there are people like that in the world, yet alone in the complex where I live, a neighbor of sort.
Maybe I’ll just post a sign at the mailbox and on the bulletin board that, “Will the person who received a package of Bulletproof Coffee from Amazon in error, please drop off at the door of the appropriate unit, no questions asked.”
I’ll have to think of how to proceed while I’m sitting in the spa chair, as I’m outta here in a bit, heading for a much-needed manicure/pedicure.
At any rate, whether I decide to make a big deal of it or not, whether I decide to post a sign or not, I’m chuckling a bit at the thought that, if the person decides to keep the coffee, brew it for themselves, they’re in for a big surprise as there’s a period for the body to adjust itself to butter coffee. If one has never used it before, one is going to experience an out-of-control system flush – if you know what I mean. Instant Karma of sort.

4 comments:

  1. I would report it to the post office so they know what's going on. I would also post the note. Both with no expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No expectations is correct, because reporting to post office got me nowhere last year when items went missing on numerous occasions because that mailman made mistakes. But this time is on me. I made a horrible mistake.

      Delete
  2. The reason I seldom order online items. Fortunately, I am usually home when the mail carrier comes by, but then there are the others--UPS and Fed Ex. Those trucks make several trips a day up and down our street. I wonder at all the things people are ordering. We are constantly hearing about packages being stolen from people's porches. Even with security cameras catching them in the act, but unable to determine who the thief actually is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, we've not experienced porch thieves in this complex. We have a secure lock box system, but it does require the mail person not lose focus and misdirect the key.

      Delete