Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year's Day

Much as I wanted 2016 to loop, 2017 never to come, it is in fact 2017.

It’s blistery outside, but not yet raining -- hopefully will not and the sun is trying its best to shine, which is a good omen.

I’ve got the inside decorations all wrapped up ready to go back into storage and, with a little luck, the patio decorations will dry out and I can get everything into storage by end of day.

Would you believe I found yet another lost item?

Coming back from Starbucks yesterday, I spotted a key card lying on the walkway – a key card used by residents to scan into the mechanism that opens the gate to resident parking.

Mine has a sticker with my unit number on the back but, of course, the one I found has no such marking, so I couldn’t walk it over to the owner. It does have an identification number -- a number only the office can associate with a resident and, inasmuch as the office is closed until Tuesday, I can’t turn it in until then.

That means the owner of the key card was not able to get their car back inside the gate to park if they left the building yesterday afternoon, won’t be able to reenter today and tomorrow. They’ll have to wait for another car to use their key card and follow that car in which, during daylight hours is pretty frequent. Not so much at night, and there is no overnight parking outside the gate.

It’s a $50 replacement fee for a new key card so, if I were the owner, I’d be very happy to receive a call from the office, on Tuesday, to come pick up their found card.

I don’t know what’s up with this finding things, but can’t wait to see what I come across next.

Before management took off for the Holiday, they distributed January’s Activity Calendar.

January 6, 1:00 – 2:00 Class: My 3 Health Goals
January 6, 3:00 – 4:00 Price is Right


January 13, 10:00 – 11:00: 52 Week Money Challenge
January 13, 11:00 – 2:00 Bingo


January 20, 4:00 – 5:00: Stress Less in 2017

January 27, 10:00 – 11:00: Bingo
January 27, 12:00 – 1:00 Hot Cocoa and Cookie Social

Since the folks have all been such downers lately, I’ve not been hanging out with them much, so I doubt I’ll be participating in anything other than the 52-Week Money Challenge session.

As for the Cookie Social, I still have those Trader Joe’s Gingerbread Molasses bake and serve cookies to get rid of, so that’s a strong maybe.

2 comments:

  1. First, happy new year. I hope you can make it a good one.
    Then, why don't they offer something like tai chi or a good meditation work out every morning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope this is a good year for you as well, as to tai chi or meditation -- that's a good idea but the corporation that owns us now is too cheap to offer high-quality activities.

      Delete