Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Not This Time



It was a challenge -- because I do so love icy cold slurpees … and sugar in general but, after breaking my clean eating regimen on Bring Your Own Cup Day back in March, which resulted in being sick as a dog for days after, I passed this time around.

Even though I knew sick after would be a consequence, it wasn’t easy not to indulge because, for Slurpee’s 50th Birthday, a birthday flavor had been developed which, had I been less resolved, I’d have actually been willing to purchase a Slurpee to try.

What has me so resolved to resist are the white peasant shorts ordered online last month.

Clean eating has been pretty much hit and miss last few months, as witnessed by allowing myself not one, but two days of Bring Your Own Cup, and other food misdemeanors.


BYO Cup March 2016

Because of hitting and missing, having begun clean eating in July of 2015, aiming for a 30/40 pound weight loss by this time – July 2016, I’d plateau at only 10 pounds down and picked up an inch or two overall in the last few months. Unsure of what size shorts to order, I’d requested my before size and down one size. Fortunately, the down one size fit BUT because of those inches gained and because peasant shorts carry a lot of loose flowing fabric and because the fabric was white – which adds the appearance of pounds and inches, I looked bulbous.


So bulbous that, on Thursday of last week, I got serious and began a clean-eating restart.

Day 5 and I feel thinner already, so no way am I deviating this time around.

As for those white shorts … I should drop them off at a donation center and eventually will do so. However, for now, I’ve situated them as practically the first thing I see when opening the closet as a reminder and motivation.

On tap for today?

Other than needlepoint, haven’t a clue. Depends on what pops up in Facebook or in email or the mailbox, sending me off in a different direction or whether I get a call from The Baker that her husband has built us a new puzzle board, which will send me down to the Community Room.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you decided to forego that slurpee thing. Just because it's free does not make it a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I too am trying to be good with my foods. An attack of diverticulitis has slowed me down a bit, But I have gone from 251 to 224...we do have progress here.

    ReplyDelete