Monday, July 25, 2016

Food Finds and Pokestops



My First Pokestop

Acting as granddaughter’s Uber driver Friday afternoon -- picking her up at her complex, I observed a mob of college aged guys hanging around the fountain of her building. (Most of the residents of her building are from the university down the street).

“Trying to capture a pokemon over there” says she.

Her out-of-town visit was just overnight so, I acted as her Uber driver again Saturday morning, picking her up at the bus terminal, dropping her back off at her complex. While there, I thought I’d see what creature was lurking around her fountain and take a go at capturing it myself.

No creatures there … even better … it was a pokestop, a location to load free game stuff.

How exciting – my first pokestop!

After loading three pokeballs, I got into conversation with a guy and his young son, who told me the location of two other stops in the area, where this morning I loaded eggs, which I do not yet know what to do with, more pokeballs, and captured a pokemon fox. 

Because it’s been too hot to get out and do much of anything other than act as Uber driver last few days, it’s been needlepoint, working on staying off sugar and planning healthy meals.

A bit of a perfectionist, I did pick up a new canvas and started over on the Michonne project, and I’ve not indulged in a chocolate muffin, Ben & Jerry ice cream or any sugary products for 2 weeks 4 days.

In an effort to drop some pounds, I’ve also taken a stab at monitoring my carbs.

While at Trader Joe’s earlier in the week, reaching for a head of cauliflower, I saw they now sell riced cauliflower, which turned out to be the greatest invention since sliced bread.





Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables. I know it can be substituted for potatoes and rice but I’m a lazy cook – too lazy to figure out how to rice it or mock potato it, so I eat it raw or oven baked.

Following a recipe for Super Easy Paella, I substituted rice for cauliflower and voila.



It was great!

I could eat it all day, every day ... and with chicken and andouille sausage as the protein ingredients, green beans instead of peas, the dish was low calorie, carb free.

Now all I need is for Trader Joe’s to come up with cauliflower mock mashed potato and french-fries.

Today, substituting spaghetti squash for pasta, I’m taking a stab at Chicken Florentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment