Saturday, January 23, 2016

Time Flies

Even though I’ve done nothing of note and gone nowhere worth mentioning this whole entire month, I was surprised to realize today was already the 23rd.

You wouldn't think it, but time flies when one is idle ... hibernating.

Haven’t seen nor heard anything from immediate neighbors lately, so they too must be in hibernation.

The unit set aside for the Maintenance Supervisor looks ready to me, so I expect to see his family begin moving in shortly.

My depressed next door neighbor seems to have stopped heading out, on a daily basis, to friends and places she prefers in Los Angeles. Except for the occasional bumping and banging around, she just stays quietly inside.

Thinking the bumping and banging around sounded like boxing up for a move, I glanced up on the way out to the market this morning but, from what I saw through the patio window, nothing seemed out-of-place. But then again, she may be planning to not stick around much longer because, whereas other residents promptly began complying with that bulletin we received last week re patio/balcony rules and regulations, by removing items no longer permitted, she’s not made a move towards removing her exercise bike.

It feels like she doesn’t care about anything anymore, least of all whether Nurse Ratched gives her a violation.

If I'm wrong and she does care, then she’d better get it taken care of before the Maintenance Supervisor moves in, because their patios are directly across from each other and inasmuch as Maintenance Supervisor appears to want to please Nurse Ratched, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he didn’t make a big deal out of her non compliance.

When I first learned Maintenance Supervisor would be the new tenant, it was alluded to that I should be worried about his "peeping" me from across the quad. I'm not worried because 1) I know when to open my blinds, when to keep them closed and 2) It's the depressed neighbor who is directly across from him. I'm a little off to the side diagonally and 3) Once his significant other realizes we're all single women on this side, that side as well, I'm sure she'll be on guard as he's friendly.

I can't imagine anyone in this quad being interested, but we do have women in other areas who come across as desperately seeking. 

I usually hear the downstairs neighbor’s door when she slams it shut, but having heard no noise of any kind for quite some time, seen no lights, I was beginning to think she’d moved … until today that is when I ran into her at the market. Telling her I’d thought she moved, she said she did put in an application for the new complex going up but, saying she knows her neighbors here and feels safe, is unsure she wants to move until she checks out the area.

That’s smart and I feel the same. Even though The Seer’s detective son feels his mom’s safety is compromised by her neighbors and wants her to move, things in this quad, this side of the complex, have thus far been copacetic – knock on wood and praise the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Right before reading your post of neighbors coming & going, I had been sitting here watching the owner of a rental house across the street showing the vacant house to yet another prospective tenant, one I'm not too sure I like the looks of. The owner of the house is an older woman who seems pretty particular about her renters, but one never knows how desperate she may be in this market.

    I've been praying for really good tenants to move in. We have renters on both sides of us and they are both dear families. I would like a similar such family across the street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much all one can do is to be grateful for the good neighbors we do have, hope and pray for the best when there's a change.

      Delete