Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Resocializing

Finally got out of myself this morning and made it to the Community Room to socialize.

I guess today was the day a lot of folks decided to resocialize, because there was quite a nice gathering. Surprisingly enough, the main topic of conversation was not the Powerball. Instead, it was the Superbowl.

What with management once again closing up the Community Room on weekends, I don’t imagine residents are going to be happy about not being able to host a Superbowl party, as they did last year.

I learned there was actually a valid reason for management to return to closed on weekends and open only during office hours on weekdays.

What management had done to appease resident complaints about not having access so often was to set up the patio doors for entry, but only the patio doors. All other doors to the building are locked when management is not on premise, to protect files and the computer room.

Some smart aleck resident, hoping to create problems for management, was aware of a Fire Department code that two unlocked doors are required and notified the Fire Department of the violation.

After the Fire Department made an inspection and issued a citation, management decided to revert back to the old hours, rather than leave unlocked the patio doors and door leading to the offices.

I can understand that logic.

So whoever filed the complaint only hurt us residents, not management. I believe the complaint came from Big Linda, because she likes to complain and cause trouble. The Seer thinks the complaint came from Little Linda, because she too likes to complain and cause trouble.

We’ll never know who the culprit is, but I’m a firm believer that you get what you give, so the universe will take care of ‘em.

I’ve been wondering why management was taking so long to prepare the vacancy across the quad for viewing by potential new residents. This is the vacancy created when our former maintenance man and his wife moved out ... I mean, were forced out.

It wasn’t until just yesterday that I saw a crew come in to clean, repaint. I’ve not yet seen the carpet people, but that’s a given, they’ll show up.

Based on the sketchy looking folks Nurse Ratched has been bringing in, I was a bit worried she might lease, if not to another one of her relatives, to someone who would cause us to feel unsafe and planned to keep an eye out to get a feel for the kinds of people coming to see the unit.

According to one of the ladies in the Community Room this morning, it’s already been leased.

Actually, given away free … to the new Maintenance Supervisor, who I thought would have quit already.

I guess he’s tougher than I figured and what with the title of “Supervisor” added and a free unit, is prepared to swallow whatever Nurse Ratched dishes out.

Doubtful, he and his family will bring the quad back to the cohesiveness we formerly enjoyed but, inasmuch as we’re all single women, it’s someone we all know and who seems safe.

Also, while in the Community Room, younger sister was trying to get someone to walk the route to the street leading into the college with her on Friday. Younger sister kinda gets on my nerves, but I do need to get back to walking, so I and another resident agreed to do the three miles with her on Friday, if it doesn’t rain, and maybe stop at the You Buy We Fry fish restaurant to bring back lunch.

I’ve had fried fish only once in the last forty years, and that once was about fifteen year ago. No reason, as I like fried fish. Only because I'm always either on some sort of diet or have not had an opportunity for fried, so I’m thinking fried fish, maybe shrimp, will be my last off program meal before I begin clean eating again.

I heard the depressed neighbor coming in late Monday night, and heard her again heading out early this morning, so I at least now know she’s still alive – just being quiet, keeping to herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment